L

Sunday, October 1st, 2023 12:58 AM

Closed

SOS ESIM is not supported

Ported over my daughter's phone fine from T-Mobile but my line is saying SOS ESIM not supported. Been on the line with xfinity for like 6 hours. NO resolution. What works? I'm about to switch right back.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

1 year ago

Good Evening @LIVID_4f2467 We're so sorry to hear about these eSIM issues when moving over from T-Mobile. It sounds like the eSIM was most likely deleted - have you tried the below steps already? 

Some new devices are activated with an eSIM instead of a nanoSIM card. If the eSIM is accidentally deleted, you'll lose network access.

Follow these steps to download a new eSIM and reactivate your device through the Xfinity Mobile app or your Xfinity Mobile account online.

Through the Xfinity Mobile App or Xfinity Mobile Account Online

1. Access your Xfinity Mobile account online or on the Xfinity Mobile app.

2. From the Device Details page, locate the section labeled eSIM download and help and click on eSIM details.

3. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Click Get a new eSIM.
Or, to download it manually on your device, go into Settings and tap Cellular.
If prompted "Scan to download your eSIM," select Add Cellular Plan.

Through the Xfinity App
Follow these Xfinity app steps to download a new eSIM and reactivate your device.

1. Download or open the Xfinity app.

2. Sign in to your account using the Primary user’s Xfinity ID and password.

3. From the Services tab, select Mobile lines and data usage located within the Mobile services card.

4. Once you’re on the Xfinity Mobile landing page, select the phone line you need assistance with.

5. Select your device.

6. From the device's detail page, locate the section labeled Device Management and select eSIM support Download a new eSIM.
Note: You may be required to sign in again.

7. Follow the on-screen instructions, including:
Select Get a new eSIM.
Or, to download it manually on your device, go to Settings and select Cellular.
Note: If prompted with "Scan to download your eSIM," select Add Cellular Plan.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here