U

Tuesday, August 15th, 2023 1:51 PM

Closed

Sim lock Hostage

My family has decided to move all our services after too many poor experiences with customer service via PHONE. In person service for Comcast has always been great. After many phone calls and visits into the store I still have a SIM LOCK on my phone days after making the carrier switch. How do I get anyone to actually remove this? I’ve been told to keep waiting, that multiple tickets were made, that I can only count business day, that it’s on someone in corporates desk, that I know it’s annoying to not have cell service but, that it must have been the mistake of the person before the person I’m always dealing with… when does it end?! I bought my phone thru Comcast, it’s now paid in full and completely useless. I feel this system is designed to punish you if you try to flee the service. I mean why else can’t someone unlock my phone? I have zero balance and have asked via in person by phone and by chat. Do I need to beg in a different manner? Please help me to do so so I may have phone service finally. As a mother I BEG you to restore my SIM so I can safely communicate for my children’s sake RELEASE MY PHONE

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_714889, and thank you for reaching out about your phone lock issue. I appologize you have had so much trouble getting the phone unlocked, and we can definitely get the right person on this to get you the help needed.

Can you send us a direct message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address please?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (speech bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here