tims155's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Thursday, July 4th, 2024 2:00 PM

security pin for porting out

Why is this such an issue. I've seen several posts on it and it seems that getting a pin to port out doesn't ever actually send an sms pin. I get that nobody wants to custumers leave, but Xfinity Mobile doesn't automatically unlock a phone after it's paid for like the documentation says and now the pin need to move a number to someone else is more of a challenge to get than it should be. Though I swear back when there was a separate app for Xfinity Mobile instead of one app for all it would send the pin.

1 Message

2 months ago

Agreed.  I just spent 90 minutes on the phone and still have no pin and they expect me to drive to a store.  Never again will I use comcast for anything if I ever get out!  Uggh,  

Regular Visitor

• 

12 Messages

I am curious if anyone in the store will be helpful on this if you ever get there.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_wc1f0e We would recommend visiting this link (https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/previous-carrier-account-information), there is helpful information on the porting process and the PIN number you mentioned. If you still ned our assistance after reviewing the link, please let us know.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

12 Messages

1 month ago

As a follow-up to this, getting a pin magically worked recently and everything went smoothly.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here