erm54's profile

Contributor

• 

84 Messages

Tuesday, November 7th, 2023 2:35 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 LTE Network Activation - Is it Required?

I did not see this question addressed when I did a search, hope it's not a dupe.

I'm considering purchasing a Galaxy Watch 6 model, haven't decided exactly which one yet though. I looked at the Xfinity Mobile website and dropped by the local Xfinity Store. While discussing things with a rep at the store, I asked if I had to activate the LTE network connection or not. The website simply said "on activation" a $10 monthly connection charge would be aded to my account. He said YES, if I bought the Watch 6 thru Xfinity it was REQUIRED to activate the LTE network connection, and if I did not want to pay the extra $10 a month, I had to purchase the Watch 6 elsewhere.

So, if I want to give Xfinty business and buy a Watch 6 thru you, and even if I ONLY want to use it thru my phone via Bluetooth, I still have to give you $10 a month or $120 a year!?

Question: If I buy a Watch 6 thru Xfinity, is LTE network activation actually required? And if so, WHY?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

615 Messages

9 months ago

@erm54 Hello, I am happy to be of assistance. Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Contributor

• 

84 Messages

Hi, @XfinityVictor ,

This can be closed.

I discussed it with someone and it seems that is the only way they are handling the Galaxy Watch 6 models at this time. Buy thru the Xfinity Mobile website and you are required to activate the LTE network access - period.

So, I bought a Watch 6 from another retailer. If Xfinity Mobile wants to throw away sales to other companies, I guess that's their sale model for the time being.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@ erm54 We want to thank you for reaching out on the Community Forum for support with your Galaxy Watch 6 activation inquiry. We are glad we were able to help resolve your issue even though it was not the outcome you hoped for. Never hesitate to create another public post for any of your future account and service needs!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here