Pocho2003's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sunday, February 23rd, 2020 5:00 AM

Closed

S20 compatibility

I purchased the s20 base model from Samsung. It's unlocked. Will it be compatible with Xfinity Mobile?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastChrisL any update to when a Verizon S20 ultra will be compatible with the xfinity service? I bought a brand new one and the website says the IMEI number is not compatible on the network even though i have some older android verizon phones that are.

Official Employee

• 

280 Messages

4 years ago

Hello everyone,

Thanks again for keeping the conversation going.  We appreciate everyone's time and support!  As of now, the status of the situation remains unchanged.  The S20 base model is currently not supported by XM's BYOD program.

I'll make sure to post any developments on this front to this thread.    

Chris  

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I wish I had researched this better. I too recently purchased a new Unlocked S20plus because my phone was stolen recently. I get it and it says that it cannot be used on xfinity 😞
 i put in a new xfiniti SIM card and have just been using the phone to surf at home on my wifi.

@ComcastChrisL  is there ANYTHING you can do?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hi Chris, just wondering if there's a new update on when the Samsung Galaxy S20 will be compatible with the Bring Your Own Device program, coming over from Verizon as my cell carrier. I know that it is generally 3-6 months after the release date of the phone, wasn't sure if that was being delayed due to Covid. Thank you for your help!

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hi, I purchased my s20+ from Verizon on launch day and it is paid off. My wife and I would like to switch to Xfinity but it still shows that my s20+ is not compatible even though it has been over 6 months since release. Any idea on when it might become compatible?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hi Chris. Has this issue been resolved? I am pulling 2 lines, one being a base S20, from other companies because you can't beat the deal for low internet users. Please let us know.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I just purchased an unlocked s20 directly from Samsung.com and it says my IMEI is incompatible.

Help?  

SM-G981U1

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Its November of 2020 and transferring a S20 from ATT still doesn't work. XFINITY stinks

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

November 2020 they still don't work.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

November 2020 still don't work. I called too subscribe yesterday , the sales person pretended that it was compatible after giving him 4 different phones including the s20 I got an email confirmation showing that the three of the phones were good and everything was all set but the s20 was not included after talking with the technician that why the s20 was not included comes to find out the sales person was lying and he said it was compatible just to get the sale so I ended up canceling the whole order out I can't take lying people like this and I don't like dealing with companies that have Liars at work with them I'm not going to Comcast Mobile because of the liar

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Could ComcastChisL, who replied earlier, please address this?  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I just purchased an unlocked S20 directly from Best Buy and it is Not Compatible. Please tell me how this is possible based on your message above back in March

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

@ComcastChrisL
I found this chat after having enrolled with Xfinity. We own a new Samsung S20 5G factory unlocked. The imei is accepted by Verizon and currently we come from ATT, but xfinity imei checker claim uncompatibility and this was quite unexpected. So we tested with an activated xfinity sim and phone calls, sms and data with LTE were working correctly. Test was short so I start now to wonder if xfinity will disable later on or given the positive test result we will have no issue. In case, is there any plan to extend compatibility to s20 5G as already done for the plus and ultra? It would be not acceptable to waste such nice and new working phone. Thank you in advance for your kind reply.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

To any reading this thread, I can happily report that Support was able to activate my Note 20Ultra (direct from Samsung) with a bit of help from their Tier 3 department. 

Basically, there are some backend processes they have to do BUT I got squared away and my Note 20 is working perfectly on the network.

Notes: Xfinity Voicemail does not work (also does not work on the wife's S10) and no 5G service. 

I expect that 5G will be rolled out sometime this year, its not widespread anyhow and I came from T Mobile.

I hope this helps someone!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastChrisL, I need some help with my new s20 ultra.... didn't see a way to pm you. Thanks
Brenda
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here