Pocho2003's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sunday, February 23rd, 2020 5:00 AM

Closed

S20 compatibility

I purchased the s20 base model from Samsung. It's unlocked. Will it be compatible with Xfinity Mobile?

Contributor

• 

114 Messages

4 years ago

I'm just a lowly S10 owner but wanted to say it blew my mind when XM said VV only works with OLDER models. How in the??? What sense does that make??? I use Voxist now...

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

@ComcastChrisL I am being told that my S20 Ultra I bought from Samsung is not offically supported. Can you help? 

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I got a chance to reach out to Chris. As others has mentioned here, Chris was able to help me setup my S20 plus. I just wanted to mention this here and wish all companies have employee like Chris.

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

4 years ago

The other way to move a line to a new phone is to keep the same sim and have Chris do it all on the backend. But that involves completely cancelling your old line then he rebuilds it as a new line with the new phone.

It works but if you treasure your phone number and have had it forever, personally, I’d rather not risk the cancelling and rebuilding of the line. You will also lose your voicemails and call history with XM if you do this.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

I think you need to order a new sim card after you do the compatibility checker and have it attached to you S20's IMEI number.

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

4 years ago

There are two ways to add a new BYOD phone to an existing line. Both require XM tech support assistance.

1. If you have the ability to add a new line to your account, go through the entire process of adding a new line, confirming the IMEI checker and ordering the SIM card. Do nothing with your old phone you’re trying to replace.

2. When you receive the new SIM card, activate it *with a new number*. Do NOT try and port an existing number, even though that’s what you really want to do.

3. Insert the newly activated SIM into your new phone. Power it up and make sure it works correctly. Send and receive some texts and calls. Surf the web using data.

4. Check the web site to confirm it’s a whole new successful line.

5. Power off the new phone. Leave it off.

6 Reach our to ComcastChrisL here via a private message and tell him exactly what you did and what you need done. Include your account number and the last 4 of your credit card as that’s needed for verification. Include the phone number and IMEI and SIM number of both the old/desired phone number/phone and the same info for the new one. Make sure you’ve detailed exactly what’s old and new and what you want moved where.

7. Wait. He will get back to you and will probably confirm what you want done.

8. He will then do his magic on the back end. When he’s done, your old number will be on your new phone, the new number you received upon activation will be cancelled and the old phone will also show cancelled. It will remain on your web site account until the end of the billing cycle and then disappear. Your call history and voicemails will be retained on your account.

9. If you are switching from Apple to Android or the other way around, make sure to ask that the personal hotspot and voicemail is configured correctly for the new phone you’re adding.

Makes sense?

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastChrisL Hi Chris, I can't find the blue private message button... thus a reply post here. I am a current Xfinity mobile customer and I want to purchase a Samsung Galaxy S20+ unlocked and a Galaxy S10+ unlocked directly from Samsung. As suggested by @steve061768 I want to ultimately transfer my two existing Xfinity Mobile numbers to the new unlocked phones then cancel/retire my existing phones. I want to check with you this can be done before I place the order for the new unlocked phones. You can private message me if it can be done. Thank you, Chris!.     --From Allen

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I see here that Samsung S20 would be compatible March 6th...however i just purchased a Samsung s20 and when I put IMEI number, it states it is not compatible. 

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

@ComcastChrisL I also purchased a s20 base unlocked MODEL NUMBER: SM-G981UZAAXAA. Looking at the Xfinity BYOD checker it is not supported but I see here that someone else got LTE to work. I don't care about 5G connectivity. Am I able to get this model phone to work with Xfinity? 

EDIT: I was able to get the S20 base working on LTE using the APN COMCAST.RSLR.VZWENTP. Will test for a few days. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Chris (Xfinity) I purchased the s20 from Samsung and it was not compatible. Can you help?

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Is it possible to be notified when I can bring my T-Mobile S20 Ultra over to Xfinity? I put in my EMI number and it says no good, buy a new phone which won't be happening. You say 3 to 6 months after March, what's with the delay? Thanks...

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I bought my Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Ultra unlocked from Samsung.  I orginally subscribed it's cellular service through Consumer Cellular which connected through AT&T and T-Mobile GSM towers.  After I switched and activating to Xfinity Mobile, I performed a Factory Reset for my Network Settings and set Mobile Network/Network mode to Global.  (You will need to setup all your WiFi and Bluetooth connection again after performing the Factory Reset of your Network Settings, so you may want to make note of these setting before hand.)  I tried other setting at Network mode but Global works best for me.  I now connect to CDMA/LTE Verizon towers.  I never have good signals from any cellular providers at home, so I use WiFi Calling which took a couple days to allow me to register location for the e911 information.  It takes that long for my new service from Xfinity Mobile to propagate throught their cellular network. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hey Chris I bought a new s20 plus from xfinity today and it was working fine but now all I can do is talk and text my mobile data is not working at all. Everything works on wifi but once wifi is turned off I can't do anything can you help?

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Try shutting the phone down and restarting.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Any update when the Verizon S20 Ultra will be compatible with xfinity mobile? Just purchased a brand new one and the IMEI says it's not compatible. It's from Verizon.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here