U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, July 8th, 2022 7:00 PM

Closed

Roaming

I use international roaming once per month when traveling to Toronto, the largest city in Canada. The roaming service is useless. It is slow to the point that it is essentially absent. It also makes navigation very spotty. I have contacted customer service (tier 2) multiple times and there is no solution. I get told repeatedly that roaming was not active on my phone (which is absolutely false, because upon arriving to Canada I get text messages saying my roaming is now active), and that "features" need to be added... Restart... Doesn't work... Reset... Doesn't work... And there is nothing further. It's bad service compounded by bad service.

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

2 years ago

I may be going to the Toronto area later this year and was wondering how the coverage was and have a few questions:

1.) Was your poor coverage both voice and data?

2.) Did your phone show LTE, 4G, 3G, or something else?

3.) Did you enable the Global Travel Pass, or were you Pay as you go?

4.) What phone do you have, and did you enable any cellular settings such as 3G or LTE?

Anyone else have any experience and recommendations in Canada, or anywhere other International Country? Good, bad, or ugly?

Thanks for any feedback!

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

2 years ago

I am sorry for your experience. Toronto is an awesome place to visit as I myself have been there a few times too! Please reach out to our Xfinity Mobile Department by calling 888-936-4968 as our dedicated Xfinity Mobile team have all the tools to assist you with your questions!  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Why would I bother calling when I've already spoken to them and nothing has been fixed? It's a complete waste of time. 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Over social media we have limited access to your Xfinity Mobile account. They are the best department to speak with. I totally get how this is not the best answer or the most desirable and I am really sorry. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I am in Germany and I can’t get my data and roaming to work at all. It worked for 30 minutes then stopped. I have called six times. I have restarted my iPhone 13 pro. Airplane mode, toggled cellular data off and back on. Support just says “oh it shows as working” so I can’t use any navigation. Can’t do anything with my phone unless on wifi. Never had this problem with Verizon and no one on my trip is having this issue with their phone carriers. Clearly they don’t know what they are doing yet. 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

I hope you are having fun in Germany! Please reach out to our Xfinity Mobile Department by calling 888-936-4968 as our dedicated Xfinity Mobile team have all the tools to assist you with your questions!  

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

2 years ago

Not good news on data roaming!

Try downloading the Truphone App and add an eSIM for data only for Germany $15 or the EU $16 for 5GB. Less for 2GB. May work better? Also GigSky is $19.99 for 5GB for EU. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here