R

Monday, September 25th, 2023 6:38 PM

Closed

received empty box and no help

I decided to switch to xfinity, which seems to be a huge mistake. I placed the order, and it was empty when I received the package. After some research, it looks like Xfinity just doesn't care much about it. I called and called and the 2 times I got in touch with someone, I was told I needed a police report for an unopened but empty box. That was shipped with the weight not even matching what a box with an iPhone 14 should weigh. But I digress. They refuse to help, refuse to assist, or cancel my account at this point, and now I am stuck without a cellphone and am being told I owe several hundred dollars for their mistake.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for reaching out to us here @renkaydashDue to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

4 Messages

@XfinityJohnG​ I have called several times now. I emailed a police report, had the IMEI submitted to the fraud database, and had spoken to several people now about my case at this point. Now my account has updated to say the package was delivered and when I call, they keep addressing me like I am the one who lost the phone. I was told I would have an answer by Wednesday, yet here I am on Friday. And yes, I tried the very unhelpful AI that only allows me to ask about my bill. It will not let me speak to a human.

Official Employee

• 

475 Messages

@renkaydash

Please send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support.

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

10 Messages

1 year ago

This same thing just happened to me and the person on the other end of the line is submitting it to a claims department. She said, “an empty box right?” This seems too common I’m very nervous this will not get resolved. 
Any update from your side?

4 Messages

Just finalized everything yesterday.

I got my police report and submitted everything on 9/25. Called Wed, no update, but they started referring to it as if *I* lost the phone. Friday, no update on the case, but they marked it as delivered and started spamming my email with "Activate your Phone" emails. They continued with the accusatory "you lost it" spiel until I escalated to a manager who actually read the report, but still couldn't give me an update of any kind.

Yesterday, finally had someone escalate the issue. Instead of just removing the device or reshipping a new one, they canceled the line and removed it from my account and are either crediting the account for the $75 I put down or refunding it. That much wasn't clear. Then, tried to get a new phone. They decided to lower my credit allowance by over $200 so I wasn't even able to get the same phone I already had been waiting 2 weeks on and then had the audacity to expect me to make an even higher payment down over the phone for an even lesser model. Do not go through with them. This has been worse than dealing with Verizon and Verizon is the absolute worst. They are lucky their internet has been amazing the 2 years we have had them and we don't have any real competitors to replace them with. I'm sticking with my $10 phone from Boost Mobile because it is much more reliable of service than this.

4 Messages

Actually, more updates. I got another email and decided to check my account. They didn't remove the device, just deactivated it. So it is still on my account, still sending me "Activate your Phone" emails, and still saying I owe $700. This is definitely something the FCC should be aware of at some point because these business practices are ridiculous. 

Official Employee

• 

747 Messages

Hey there, @renkaydash! I am very sorry to hear about the experience with receiving the device, and getting everything squared away. I would be happy to investigate everything with you, and ensure we get you to the right hands to ensure it is fully resolved. Can you please send us a DM to get started? 

Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

10 Messages

I am experiencing the same [Edited: "Language"] thing. I’ve called 20 times to xfinity and they keep saying 24hrs you’ll hear from us. I don’t have the patience for this. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

[Edited: "Solicitation"] about the Xfinity Mobile Fraudulent Overcharging..  No one has patience for this your bill is higher than mine and plus mine were suppose to be free iPhone they tell it it's $679. I told them I would never allowed this.  You can call them they don't care they already have your money. Credit money is a joke for them. They need to pay you for pain and suffering that you have endured. I going through the same thing. 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here