H

Monday, March 11th, 2024 11:24 PM

Questions about Xfinity Mobile Discount Promotion

Hey y'all! I have some questions about the Xfinity Mobile Discount promotion - will split it into two parts (Part I and Part 2) to make it easier to read.

Part 1

I signed up for Xfinity Connect More internet service ($25/m for 300MB) earlier this month. While I was activating the internet service, the agent told me I could get a $10/m discount on my internet and a "free" Google Pixel 8 by signing up for Xfinity Mobile (when porting a number).

I went with the "Buy the Gig" so it would look like this:

$25/m (Connect More) + $15/m (Xfinity Mobile Line w/Buy the Gig 1GB) - $10/m (Xfinity Mobile Discount for 24 months) = $15/m (Connect More) + $15/m (XM Line Buy the Gig)*

Later, I was playing around with the plan builder and saw that if I went up to Fast ($50/m for 500MB) with one XM Unlimited Intro Line it would look like this:

$50/m (Fast) + $45/m (XM Unltd Intro) - $45/m (XM Discount for 24 months) = $5/m (Fast) + $45/m (XM Unltd Intro)* 

(*No taxes or fees included)

The faster internet speed plus unlimited mobile is a better deal to me, so I asked an Xfinity Mobile agent (via chat) if I could upgrade to Intro Unlimited once I received the phone and get the $45/m discount instead of the $10/m discount. The agent told me NO, that I would need to order another phone with Intro Unlimited to unlock the $45/m discount. With the "On Us" deal on the Pixel 8 soon, I went ahead and approved the order for a second line/phone with the intention of returning the first phone. (We also upgraded my home internet to Fast.)

Now, after talking to Xfinity Mobile Customer Service on the phone and finding some wording on the website, I feel like the agent was mistaken about needing to order another phone. 

From the Xfinity website plan builder (Click on Pricing and other info):

"$45 Mobile discount: Must sign up for Xfinity Mobile and activate a new line within 90 days of order and maintain the line to receive $10 mobile discount for 24 months. Discount applied to Internet bill and will appear on statement within 30 days of Xfinity Mobile line activation. If Xfinity Mobile is cancelled or Internet service is cancelled, the $10 multi-product discount will be removed. Must add Unlimited Data to one Xfinity Mobile line within 90 days of order to receive an additional $35 monthly discount for 24 months. "

My take on the above wording is that I can indeed upgrade the Buy the Gig line to Intro Unlimited and receive the $45/m XM Discount on my Internet Service - is that correct? If so, is there any way to verify that a new Xfinity Mobile Line activated with Buy the Gig and then Upgraded to Unlimited Intro (within 90 days) will qualify for the $45/m XM Discount on internet service? (Beyond the wording that I have found and screenshotted). Any assistance would be very much appreciated!

Part 2

When I ordered the second phone as per the agent's advice, it was added under Unlimited Intro at $30/m.

So now my Xfinity Mobile would look like this: $15/m (1st Line Buy the Gig) + $30/m (2nd Line Unltd Intro) = $45/m*

If returned the second phone it would then look like this: $45/m (Unltd Intro)*

(*No taxes or fees included)

Pricing comes out to the same, so I am considering keeping the second phone and not bothering with the return process. But, if I decide to return the second phone to avoid paying taxes and fees on that second line, would that screw up the $45/m Xfinity Mobile Discount on my internet service?

The agent with whom I placed the order for the second phone made it sound like this $45/m XM Discount on the internet service is unlocked online and must be done when ordering (ie can't change after the fact, phone must be ordered and then activated on an Unlimited plan to receive the discount).  The wording I found (see above) has me thinking that's not true, but I am hesitant to go through the activation process, return process, and cancellation process on the second phone if there is even a chance it might affect the $45/m XM Discount. (Just to be extra clear - I would only return the second phone/cancel the second line if I can upgrade my first line from Buy the Gig to Untld Intro and receive the $45/m discount.)

Further, I cannot find mention of a situation like mine online to reference, so I'm worried that if I do cancel the second line (and return the phone) it will somehow affect my eligibility for the XM Discount. If that agent was correct and the deal is unlocked online at the point of order, will the system then automatically take the discount away if I cancel the line? Will it see that I have Untld Intro on another line and keep the $45/m XM Discount?

While discussing with customer service on the phone, they were adamant that I would be able to upgrade from Buy the Gig to Untld Intro, receive the discount, and return the second phone with no problem. But I'm wary because that is the opposite of what the agent said through chat. Slightly stressful to get different answers on this - not to mention the fact that I won't be able to see if the credit was properly applied for 90 days, well outside the mobile return window. I would be much obliged for some clarification (even better if I could get it in writing or have some documentation other than a screenshot in case I have to explain this to Billing Services down the line). 

I hope all that was clear! This Xfinity Mobile Discount on the Internet service really is a good deal - wish the first agent I chatted with had tried to upsell me a little lol

Regardless - many thanks to whoever takes the time to read and help!!

2 Messages

2 months ago

Wanted to make a TLDR version:

I have Fast Internet (500Mbps for $50/m with XM Discount Eligibility). If I activate a new line on XM with Buy the Gig and then change from Buy the Gig to Unlimted Intro, will my account receive the $45/m XM Discount on Internet Service?

Since the mobile return window is 14 days, and I'm getting conflicting information from different XM agents, some clarification or contact information for someone who can definitively answer my question would be very much appreciated!

Many thanks to whoever takes the time to read and help - have a good day <3

Official Employee

• 

934 Messages

Hello, HOUHeathen. Thanks for reaching out, and providing some great details. Unfortunately, we are a bit limited when it comes to assisting our Xfinity Mobile customers over social media, and Community Forums due to security, and authentication requirements. We can help with general questions, and troubleshooting. However, we can review your residential account to see what Xfinity Mobile promotion is tied to your current plan, and go from there. Please send us a direct message. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here