A

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, September 17th, 2022 2:33 PM

Closed

QR Code Expired - How Do I Activate iPhone 14?

I ordered a 14 from Apple and am already on Xfinity mobile. I can’t activate my cellular because I get a message that the number can’t be transferred. When I try to do it via Xfinity’s QR code here https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/how-to-activate-phone it says the code is expired. How can I do this without having to go to a store? 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 years ago

Hi there! Are you still in need of assistance with your Xfinity Mobile? You can reach out to our Xfinity Mobile team in the following ways: 

Visitor

• 

30 Messages

2 years ago

That article should tell you the QR included is only a sample.  

You need a QR code that is unique to you which will come in a “Download eSIM” email and link to a letter that is the same as the article but with your QR code.

Phone support should be able to do it for you (if you can get through).  Once they start the correct process you should see 3 emails in order a few minutes apart:

1) An order confirmation

2) A verification code (which you will have to give to the support guy so your QR code can be generated)

3) Your download eSIM email where you will click on a link to get your QR code (ignore the article).

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XMjfh​ thank you. The article literally says to click that QR code to activate your e-SIM. I am going to call. But I don’t have an order confirmation because 1) I’m already an Xfinity mobile customer and 2) I ordered the phone directly from Apple. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Right? And the manual code of: gsmacct.vzw.otgeuicc.com

… does not work.

so ridiculous -_-

Official Employee

• 

263 Messages

@user_64a330 did you already activate the device online or thru the call center?  The device/line needs to be activated first before you can download the eSIM from the network.  

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

263 Messages

2 years ago

That QR code is not dynamic, it's a static QR code just for Xfinity Mobile.   You need to activate your device first before using the QR code.  

Visitor

• 

30 Messages

@XfinityChad2​  Are you sure?  My QR code yesterday did not match what was on that page because the store rep tried that (and it failed) and then tried the one referenced in my email (which worked)

Official Employee

• 

263 Messages

@XMjfh yes, the article link is the same for everyone.     The device needs to be activated first before the eSIM can be downloaded.   

@AB88 you need to activate/transfer your device online at https://www.xfinitymobile.com/activate , select your old device, click on "Replace Device" and follow the on-screen instructions. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityChad2​ Thanks - the device itself is activated and works for everything but my phone - I need to activate cellular, which is what I was following the online directions to do. Just so you know, that QR code on the page I linked literally says “Scan the QR code below to activate your eSIM,” followed by the QR code, and then

“Follow the on-screen instructions to activate your eSIM.”

Official Employee

• 

263 Messages

@AB88 since you bought the device from Apple, you already went to https://www.xfinitymobile.com/activate  and activated the device you bought from Apple?  Do you see that device on the devices page?  The IMEI needs to be activated first before you can download the QR code or enter the eSIM activation code manually. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

i need  QRCODE to set up my new iPhone.

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

@user_5095af Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Xfinity Forums! The following link will provide activation steps for your iPhone, including a QR code for you to scan: https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/how-to-activate-phone

Visitor

• 

1 Message

your instructions are useless and they do not work. Pathetic service. You guys are clueless on how esims work, activated and downloaded

Official Employee

• 

263 Messages

@user_4badba​ can you provide what steps you’ve taken so far?  

if you follow the steps below you should be able to activate your new phone .  

1. activate your device online or call customer support

2.  Turn on your device and follow the setup instructions and the esim should download automatically during the apple setup process.  If the device is already on you can download the esim from a settings notification, QR code or enter the activation url manually from cellular settings.  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

This is the most useless thread I have ever seen. Bought a brand new phone and phone customer service cant even generate me a QR Code even after she claimed the phone has been activated five times. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityBillie​ A QR code that doesn't work. What a great service

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here