U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, July 13th, 2023 10:46 PM

Closed

Promotion Not Honored

I placed an order for an S23 on 3/28/23. The rep asked if I had a Google Voice number to port over, I gave it to him and he said I'm eligible for the $500 off promo for the phone.  He sent me a confirmation email of the order (with my number to be ported included) showing that I would be paying $12.50/mo. for the phone.  The phone was delivered 3/31 while I was in the hospital (hospital stay 3/31 - 4/09) and left at my rental office.  I get another email on 3/31 (I'm still in the hospital) saying the phone has been activated with a number other than the one I gave the rep who took the order.  Once I get out of the hospital, I find the phone in the rental office unopened and not activated.  I called Xfinity to activate the phone and was told the phone couldn't have been activated and a number assigned without someone calling in. They had no record of anyone calling to activate the phone or a number being assigned. The rep told me that I had to keep the assigned number in order to get the promotion -- this has NOT happened to date.  I've been calling since April and speaking with several members of the "advanced" team to no avail. I was given a $25 credit for my Mar-Apr cycle by the rep and was told the promo would be applied by next cycle -- it still hasn't.  I need to understand how this all happened. I was told by the initial rep that I was eligible for the promo but didn't get it & I rec'd an email regarding activation when the phone wasn't activated. Some "advanced" team reps have made notes and tried to assist but nothing has happened. I don't want to pay $700 for this phone when that is NOT what I placed the order for. I would be fine with Xfinity coming to pick up the phone or sending me a box to return it.  I can't go to the store to send it back and shouldn't have to when I didn't do anything to cause this issue.  Either honor the promo or come get the phone!  How can I get in contact with corporate to rectify this??

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

1 year ago

@user_bc4c14, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us using the Xfinity Forum today. I know how important it is to ensure that promotional offers you take part in are fully honored. We do apologize for the miscommunication that you have experienced thus far when it comes to ensuring the promotional discount was honored and the correct number needs to be ported over from the sounds of things. I understand not wanting to revisit a store location to solve this issue either, the next best thing that I would recommend is getting in touch with our Xfinity Mobile team directly, as they would be best equipped to assist you.

You can reach them here:

• SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
  • Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
  • Chat: comca.st/3CwQWd8

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityMarcus​ [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. If we couldn't call a rep and get our issue resolved, do you really think we'll do it again? Or if we can't text/chat with someone [Edited: "Inflammatory"]? Tell Xfinity you should be ashamed of your [Edited: "Inflammatory"] customer service. [Edited: "Inflammatory"] Words cannot describe how much I loathe this company and its employees.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityMarcus​ Like I said in my initial post, I’ve been speaking with several members of the Xfinity Mobile team — in addition to your “Advanced” team — since this issue began without resolution. I need to speak with someone that can actually provide assistance. I’m posting here looking for an escalated response. Can you provide a number for that?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

We apologize any frustration and confusion. To reach and discuss issues related to your Xfinity Mobile service, at any level, traditional or escalated support, you would need to touch base with the team at any of the methods listed here below. Thank you very much. 

• SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
  • Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
  • Chat: comca.st/3CwQWd8
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

Same issue here

Bought 12mini and had a port (free)

They never sent the sim

They sent the sim finally with the wrong number (not the port) saying it would self-correct

When I finally figured out what they did with my port and got it fixed, they said they aren't going to honor the promo anymore since the original number is no longer on the line (a number I never asked for, they sent because they messed up the port)

300+ hours later no result

They refuse to pick up the phone and return all my money

9 Messages

1 year ago

They did the same thing to me. They owe me a $200 visa gift card for me doing the BYOD and porting my number over and after 7 calls and 1 year and 7 months later they are now stating my number is a new line so I don't get anything. Do t trust them for their promotions unless you save all the information from all your old accounts

4 Messages

1 year ago

Omg they did the same to me plus they are not honoring a free phone with a 250 pre paid visa. They are charging me for apple 14 pro and sent me an apple pro   Their sticker says it’s a pro max which is what I paid the difference for but inside box is a pro. This is not a max it is a pro and really I don’t care what box says. I also got a SIM card  and they hooked me up with two phone lines and are charging me and neither have been activated because wrong phone sent.  This has been going on since may

9 Messages

They need our money to keep customers and service. If we call cancel our cell service and go back to AT&T prepaid then they will have to create a new plan. We just keep sharing with the people how they don't honor their promotions and not pay them ou or send us what we agreed to in the business arrangement. I think the deal you are talking about is a free phone or BYOD with a $250 visa Giftcard credit card. Don't get a new sim it breaks the chain of custody for tracking the promotion order

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I am going through the same thing at the moment. Have you found any escalation number or something to call. I have talked to several agents who keeps transferring me telling me different lies. I need this resolved. 

9 Messages

I'm still trying to get the $200 visa card. I have a screenshot of thr promotion. A friend said we need to all go to Twitter, Reddit, and Facebook. Put the terms and conditions of the promotion on the websites and push it to everyone calling xfinity out. I'm on the phone with them right now and I'm still on hold after 15 minutes. Total call time 55:00 almost an hour right now. The person I'm talking with first is Ross xfinity customer servixe then Jem in the mobile device care section. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here