BobbySevenSevenSeven's profile

Contributor

• 

77 Messages

Thursday, September 21st, 2023 4:34 PM

Closed

Problems With Diamond Reward of Apple Watch SE or $299.99 off a more expense Apple Watch Model

Another reward complication is vexing me, as happened in 2022 and 2021.  

I qualified for the free Apple Watch SE back in late-August.  On September 5th, I got an email that there are no SEs in stock, but I can use the $299.99 towards the purchase of another Apple Watch.  

Let me state here that the purchase period is clearly stated in the fine print as << Offer available from 8/23/23 to 9/21/23 >>  .  Now, to me that means that today, which happens to be Thursday, the 21st of September, AD 2023, is the last day to take advantage of the offer.

Due to complications beyond my control, I only was able to get my new iPhone 14 Pro (a no-fee upgrade that turned out to be nearly as complicated as one attempted over a year ago) yesterday.   Even setting up the phone at the Xfinity Shop was problematic, as their wifi was struggling with updating the new phone to iOS 17.    I had asked the agent about the Apple Watch promotion, intending to get that done last night after the phone was set up.    He said the stores could not do it, but I could online today or by tomorrow.    

So although I'm not one to wait to the last minute, today - what I thought was the last day of the promotion - was the day I went to put in the order in my Xfinity Mobile account.  However, the offer is GONE!   I called Xfinity Mobile, and was told by a nice enough guy that the date range actually would exclude the 21st of September.  That made no sense to me.   He also said that regardless, the Series 9 watches would be categorically excluded from that offer, anyway.   I see absolutely no mention of that anywhere.   

I then remembered a prior year's rewards trouble, and found a post about that here in this forum, with a number for the office that handles such promotions.   I called them late this morning.   The person had no idea about the promotion details, and apparently found no resources.   Event though I had told her the Customer Service people at Xfinity Mobile's toll free number were no help, doesn't she transfer me to them?!?    

Is it me, or what?     I would expect precise language in any such offer.  It the reward redemption period truly was only through Wednesday the 20th of September, it should quite clearly say something like "order must be placed by 11:59PM Tuesday, September 20th.   If some Apple Watches were excluded even thought their price was over the $299.99 bill credit, it should specifically say so.  

I do hope to yet get the larger-sized Apple Watch 9 in midnight black, with the benefit of saving $299.99 - but have found no help at Xfinity Mobile's phone number, at the store, or with the people at the Xfinity Reward's phone line.

Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Bob

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

77 Messages

1 year ago

I am happy to report that a nice guy from Xfinity contacted me on Saturday.  Although he was not able to explain what went wrong with the watch offer in question, he did let me know of a newer one (just put up, apparently), for essentially the same amount.   I was able to put in for that offer on my desktop computer, with him on the line to make sure it went through.   The watch arrived Wednesday.   

I want to point out that the new offer (which I believe expires after the first week of October), seems to be worded a bit more clearly, to prevent date confusion, and hopefully anyone who tries to use it on the last day wont have the same issues people had with the prior watch offer.

Contributor

• 

161 Messages

1 year ago

The offer came out before the Watch 9 was released so it would not be included... it has to be the SE or Apple Watch 8. The offer was good until the 21st... the watch came out on the 22nd. 

Contributor

• 

77 Messages

So the offer ended at the close of day on the 20th?

Contributor

• 

77 Messages

1 year ago

I'm pasting here the relevant paragraph from the email I got on the 5th of September...

Thank you for being an Xfinity Rewards member. You recently redeemed a reward to get an Apple Watch SE Aluminum 40mm on us (299.99 value). Because of high demand, we are currently out of stock of this device. However, you are still able to utilize this offer by either purchasing an Apple Watch SE Aluminum 40mm through our backorder process or using the $299.99 discount towards a different Apple Watch model.

---

Offer available from 8/23/23 to 9/21/23.

Now, I will repeat that the date span to me should have allowed me to use the promotion on Thursday, 21 September, AND that towards a different Apple Watch model means just that.   It was widely known the 9 Series of Apple Watches were coming out in September going back some months - and certainly known more firmly a week before the big Apple event on 12 September.   

I still feel that the promotion was pulled a day too soon, and the credit towards another Apple Watch should not categorically exclude any Apple Watch offered by Xfinity over the promotion amount.   It's not like I was trying to buy a Samsung watch, for crying out loud!  

Official Employee

• 

787 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for reaching out to us here today, can you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

Contributor

• 

77 Messages

Thank you for your suggestion.  I just sent a message through the method you recommended, and included relevant screen shots date span of the promotion, and the part about applying the $299.99 towards the purchase of another Apple Watch.   I do hope the person at Xfinity Support truly will resolve the matter, and not instead (as happened the last two times I was told to contact them about issues) tell me they can do nothing, I must call Xfinity Mobile, who, as I stated from the start, had no idea about the award period and details.

5 Messages

1 year ago

I have had problems with this promotion too.  I am a Diamond member and I asked for the Apple Smartwatch reward, before 9/20, but somehow the promo code did not apply.  I received the watch but I was billed for the device ($12.49 per month for 24 months for my free watch).  I spoke with several different people at Xfinity.  No one could figure out how to stop the billing for my free watch, and credit me for the amount that had already processed on my credit card.  I ended up returning the watch without even opening the packing box.  It took several more phone calls to get them to process a credit for the amount that I had already been charged.  Then Xfinity processed a $35.00 restocking fee for an unopened Smartwatch that I returned because I did not get it for free as promised.  During that process, another Xfinity agent assured me that they could get me my free Xfinity Apple Smartwatch and the same thing has happened again.  I was sent a Retail Installment Contract stating that I agree to 24 payments of $12.49 for my new device that is supposed to be free for being a Diamond member.  I can't find anyone that works at Xfinity to fix this so I will be sending back the second watch too.  Sad story for sure.

Contributor

• 

77 Messages

That really sucks!   Restocking fees on an unopened device are ridiculous!   

Not that you might to give them another chance, but there is a promotion for I think another week for $300 off an Apple Watch.    It should show up in your rewards after you log in.

I, too, am waiting for a refund on an Apple Watch 14 Pro.   I bought it on the 11th, and had been told it would be no problem to have my monthly payment adjusted once the 15 series comes out, and the older models drop in price.   

Well, that was not the case!   Instead of simply making an adjustment, I instead had to get a second iPhone 14 Pro, and return the first, by FedEx.   They've had it at the returns center nearly two weeks - still no refund.   I was also told the restock fee and set-up fee would be waived - but I fear that will not happen without a big song and dance.  

Why is everything like pulling teeth with them?    

5 Messages

@BobbySevenSevenSeven​ Good analogy.  It is like pulling teeth to do business with Xfinity.  I am worn out and tired of them.  I hope to cancel them soon.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@user_9m3lg5 I am sorry for how your experience has made you feel and I appreciate you taking time out of your day  to bring your experience to our attention. I want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Please reach out to our Xfinity Mobile team with the options below. 

Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
Chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

Do you know if a ticket had been put in to our Rewards team?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

7 months ago

I am a victim of Comcast Xfinity Mobile fraud!

• At the beginning of October, I went to a Comcast store and changed my parents' mobile account from Verizon to Comcast Xfinity.

• End of November: My monthly cellular bill now included my parents' phones. So, I called Comcast Xfinity mobile to upgrade my mobile billing plan, which the store manager first suggested in October. When my account billing plan was being changed, the Comcast Xfinity Mobile customer service agent informed me I was a valued customer and asked if I would like a free Apple Watch. I was shocked, almost in disbelief, at the offer. I politely declined. After all, I don't need an Apple Watch because I am a quadriplegic and cannot use any smartwatch due to my disability. The Comcast Xfinity mobile agent continued to sell me the rare idea of getting a free watch. I expressed the word free. He said the only fee I would pay was roughly $28 in shipping and handling. After debating, I decided to take him up on his offer and hoped to use the watch one day. I was never told that I would be charged a monthly fee. Never! The watch was supposed to be free. I was guaranteed several times. Free.

• Early December: I received my free Apple Watch by mail but left it in the box until I received my next Comcast Xfinity mobile monthly bill. Like the month before, I was cautious before changing anything on my billing plan until I saw that the previous month's bill was correct.

• End of December: I received my Comcast Xfinity mobile monthly bill and saw that I was being charged $12.49 monthly as part of my monthly bill for the money Comcast Xfinity Model listed for the listed $299.99 watch. This was my first warning sign that something was wrong with the promised free watch in November. I made a phone call immediately to Comcast Xfinity mobile and spoke to one of their service agents to correct this issue. They credited my $12.49 back to my account and promised by the next billing date that the remaining money listed I owed for the watch would be corrected to zero as promised. I took them at their word and tried the watch. I was happy to know the Siri phone option to call someone in an emergency.

• At the end of January, I received my Comcast Xfinity mobile monthly bill and was charged $12.49 as part of their claim that I was still on a monthly plan to pay for what was supposed to be a free iPhone. I had to make a number of phone calls to Comcast Xfinity mobile to complain about their unfilled promise of this being a free watch, and again, they came up with a different solution. The customer service agent said I would be charged $12.49 every month but then refunded $12.49 to negate the charges. It was a very odd solution, but I had no option but to trust them. I vowed not to touch the watch again until my account noted I owed zero. Nothing. I kept getting lied to about different solutions but was still determined to see this issue through because I didn't want to become a victim of fraud.

• At the end of February, just a few days ago, I received my Comcast mobile monthly bill, and again, for the third time, listing I was being charged $12.49 a month for a watch I was promised for free. Once again, I immediately called Comcast Xfinity mobile and spoke to their customer service agents and was told the rude response "There's nothing more we can do for you.” 

Throughout the process, I have been patient and polite, understanding that some problems occur and need fixing. Still, Comcast Xfinity mobile has only responded with lies, false promises, and eventually finger-pointing that the fault was mine. Even a recent ticket made by a customer service agent to Comcast Xfinity mobiles reward support team came back, noting, "This case has been closed. There is no further action required.”

This experience has been nothing but three months of lies and fraud by Comcast Xfinity Mobile!

Contributor

• 

77 Messages

That is terrible!  

I mean, if you got the Apple watch model that was to be entirely free - it certainly should be.   

What might not have been explained well enough, according to some other people I've spoken with, is that there is a flat monthly fee for having a smart watch.   I recall it being $10 last year.    I'm not sure if it's gone up in 2024, like so many other charges.    

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here