U

Monday, June 3rd, 2024 7:04 PM

Problem setting up voicemail

Trying to set up voicemail ... following the instructions at https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/home-phone-features/voicemail-password/64a2fc88ce76231eba571d26?commentId=64a5a3a4ce76231eba5769d0&replyId=64a603606059bc2b7f1c51b1 ....those instructions say to call my phone # and provide my "passcode", which I take to mean my PIN.  They give the rules for deriving the PIN from my password.  I have done that, but the string I entered is rejected as invalid.  I have tried resetting my password, so there is no doubt about what that password is.  But when I translate it into a PIN according the instructions, it still gets rejected?

Problem Solver

• 

502 Messages

4 months ago

@user_73huh6 That link you are using relates to Xfinity Voice. Not Xfinity Mobile voicemail. Which are you trying to setup?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

4 months ago

user_73huh6, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. Please let us know if you are still having trouble getting your voicemail set up. We would be happy to walk you through it. 

3 Messages

Yes, I am still having a problem with voicemail on my android phone.  I used to work, but no longer.  If someone could walk me thru the process that would be great.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@user_73huh6 Thank you for circling back and for all your efforts so far. I'm confident we can work together to get this set up. I would first like to start by ensuring you set up the initial portion and password creation. Can you review this link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/setting-up-voicemail and follow for the steps for Initial voicemail setup? Have you already tried this from what you can recall? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

@XfinityVianney​ , thanks for your response.  The instructions you reference are for setting up voicemail on my home phone.  I am trying to set up my mobile phone.  But yes, I have tried following those instructions, but they don't work on my Pixel 6 mobile phone.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_73huh6

To clarify are you trying to set up your voicemail for your residential services for the landline or for your Xfinity mobile services?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here