U

Friday, January 12th, 2024 10:02 PM

Closed

Prepaid VISA only works on Amazon

I tried to add it to the following, but all were REJECTED:

• ApplePay (Wallet)
  • PayPal
  • Instacart

If it was usable on just one of either ApplePay or PayPal, it would be fine, but it was rejected from both.

Besides Amazon, where else can I use this?

Anyone else having this problem?

Official Employee

• 

475 Messages

8 months ago

Are you trying to purchase items through Instacart and PayPal or trying to add them as a payment method? 

5 Messages

@XfinityRaf​ 

Trying to add the card as a payment method. It’s the only way to use the card to pay for something on either platform.

But ApplePay, PayPal, and Instacart don’t seem to recognize Xfinity in the following list:

Here’s what ApplePay says when I tried to add the card to my Wallet:

(edited)

5 Messages

@XfinityRaf​ 

Under “Learn More,” ApplePay continues with:

(edited)

5 Messages

@XfinityRaf​ 

When I scrolled down to Xfinity, under “X,” this is what I get:

Official Employee

• 

533 Messages

@user_cstxs2 Indeed we just confirmed that is not possible, and the image you posted shows the issuer doesn't meet the support requirements. Xfinity does not manage the funds. Gift cards or prepaid cards are not allowed in those platforms, not even all real debit or credit cards as I mentioned. They won't accept all cards, so there is no problem. You need to use the gift card as any other gift card as a direct payment or purchase with the pin. Saving it as an autopay, bill pay, or as a saved card on file is not allowed since they don't have your billing address. You're welcome to work with Apple to force them to change that and accept any card you have. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here