U

Tuesday, July 9th, 2024 6:01 PM

Porting over Number Issue

Hello All, 

About a year ago we tried porting our Google Voice number to Xfinity Mobile. We thought everything was good until we would randomly receive phone calls for the same number sometimes on Google Voice and sometimes on Xfinity Mobile. We were told by Google Voice that Xfinity Mobile never fully ported over the number. We have been on the phone with Xfinity for countless hours and in the store for countless hours with the same issue. We have pretty much given up, but now the number is stuck in Limbo. Does anyone have any suggestions what to do?  This has been going on for a year now.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 months ago

@user_id2171 Good morning, thank you for reaching out today! I do have to apologize though; due to account security reasons we cannot help with this issue over social media. For assistance with this matter, please give us a call at 1 (888) 936-4968 or chat online at https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile and one of our experts will be happy to look into this for you!

4 Messages

I have called, chatted and gone in person. Probably have spent over 40 hours on this with Xfinity. It doest seem that we are getting to the right people. Similar to this response we keep getting pushed to someone else. It doesn't seem to matter to Xfinity that the number is working correctly. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_id2171 I'm sorry to hear about the frustration you've experienced while trying to resolve this issue with Xfinity. It sounds incredibly frustrating to have spent over 40 hours and still not feel like you're getting through to the right people. I'm here to help get you connected with the appropriate team who can address your concerns effectively. 

To get started, please send our team a Direct Message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here