U

Monday, June 10th, 2024 5:45 PM

Porting Number New Line Not Activating - This is still a thing??

I am currently having this problem i've read a few times here where my phone won't port over. It's only been 20 hours but this is unacceptable that after 3 years this is still an issue with this service. I am no without phone. I was able to port over another phone on the account within the standard 15 minutes. Why can't the team just reboot the system or something and force it to move through. It seems ludicrous that team members and support also have to waste their time on this. 

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

3 months ago

Hello @user_nrt4cg! Thank you for taking the time to reach out to our team on Forums. I apologize that you are experiencing issues with porting your telephone number. Is this for an Xfinity Mobile cell phone service, or residential landline service? 

3 Messages

Cell phone service. There was an issue with using a different SIM card than the one that was sent me (i moved) they inserted a different SIM and were able to resolve it then. Thank you. 

Crazy though, I have had to reset Bluetooth prefs for certain devices which seems strange. 

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

Thank you for the details! I'm glad the issue was resolved by getting a new SIM card inserted. I can't imagine going 10 minutes without my cell phone! :) That is odd that you've had to reset your Bluetooth prefs for certain devices. We have a team of Xfinity Mobile experts that may know why this is happening. Would you like me to provide you with the contact information for this team? I just want to make sure that your issues are fully taken care of! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

They could if they are still doing research. Otherwise, everything is all tied back together. Thanks

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_nrt4cg, Understood, I'm just glad you were able to get a resolution, even though it wasn't as smooth as we'd have liked. How has your service been with Mobile or any other services you have with us? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here