U

Saturday, July 29th, 2023 7:05 PM

Closed

Phone shows 5g (2 or 3 bars) but no data / no connectivity

Hi.  In the last few months, I have experienced my phone showing that it has a 5g connection with 2 or 3 bars.  However this is often no connectivity / no data at all.  I cannot send imessages, check email or browse etc. etc.  When I turn off 5g the phone switches to LTE, but still no data/connectivity.  I reset network connections.  I rebooted the phone.  This happens in several places in my town and has been occurring for months.  Exact same issue with wife on same phone. 

Any ideas?  Thinking about moving to mint. 

The xfinity mobile site says: 

COVERAGE CHECKER

You’re covered in 068xx

Check Icon 5G
Check Icon 4G LTE 
Check Icon 3835 WiFi hotspots

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

1 year ago

Unfortunately there are many places such as downtowns, parks, and vacation areas where reception is lacking for whatever network you are on, in spite of which carrier you are on. 

Before switching, if you have an eSIM, you can try some of the other networks for free. T-Mobile which is what Mint uses has a free test drive. Verizon also has a free trial, but that is what you are already using. Tello Cricket has a prepaid plan that uses ATT network. 

Also be aware that many of the MVNOs don’t include all of the features of XM. Some don’t have visual voicemail, roaming, or other features?

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

1 year ago

@user_1be547 Hello, thanks for sharing what's going on with your phone. 

I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform.
Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here