U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, April 27th, 2023 3:01 AM

Closed

Phone return scam

​Keeping this short as possible, transfered service from ATT to Xfinity, got two Google pixel phones and owned them for 3 days deciding they weren't for me and went back to using Samsung phones, when going to the store they told me I should send it back myself because there's a high chance they cannot transfer my number over successfully in store (which is crazy as a 8 years phone associate and manager myself in the past for multiple phone companies) and may lose my number, so I returned it myself, using the original box they came in I took the pixel phones out of the case and glass screen protector that was put on moments it first came out of the box and took it off and placed back into the original box while using my new Samsung phones same shipping box and bubble wrap it came with to pack it up and send back. As a few days go by I get an email saying I'm being charged for two phones equaling nearly $1300 because they fall under grade D damage? These phones were brand new, never dropped, never scratched quite literally brand new but being told the warehouse marked them as damaged..the rep told me it's either water damaged, impossible it's a water resistant phone up to a meter, has been jailbroken/hacked...yeah let me hack a new phones for what reason or physical damage, clearly as stated it's brand new!​

​Searching the internet it's clear there is some scam going on why this happening because not just one of the two brand new phones I returned but both are being stated as damaged that now I have to buy them with the money I don't have for this, seems to be an ongoing issue where someone somewhere along the return process is benefiting from this robing loyal customers, myself included being a Comcast customer for over 10 years, clearly no loyalty there.​

​I have a case open, first rep said the money will be froze and not charged to my card until the phone is reevaluated, that did not happen and charged me anyways, second they charged it as a subscription under my credit card to make it hard to fight. ​

​I need my money back, and for the rep who will respond to this don't bother directing me to useless generic responses with contact numbers and emails that's gets me no where. If this is not resolved pending the final day of this case Friday April 28th 2023 I will be taking all my legal actions to pursue this scam along with my photo proof of the item being received undamaged at Walgreens FedEx drop off and at home before shipped off and my recorded phone calls, good luck battling all my evidence. Hope this helps someone else.​

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_b9c1af, thanks for reaching out to share your experience and express your concerns. We never like hearing about a bad customer experience, and our team will be glad to help however we can. To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging and send us a message with your full name and full address.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I’m literally being charged for the same reason and was never given instructions for the return of old phone and repeatedly asked to speak with someone and never given an answer only the run around and I went to my local store where I was made fun of for buying a phone through Xfinity since they have people in the Philippines doing the orders. It was racist and I called to report it but no one cared 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

I have the same problem with a return of an iPhone 15 which was never opened and activated.

Official Employee

• 

331 Messages

@prashantp so sorry to hear that. Have you already tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reaching out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

6 Messages

11 months ago

Having the same issue with exchanging an iPhone 15 Pro. It was in brand new condition, returned in box and packed safely at FedEx to ensure no damage. I was told I was being charged $1200 because the device had "functional damage". When I called Xfinity, they told me that the warehouse had no log of the damage, and no photos or evidence taken. They said that the warehouse tech only logged the evaluation as Grade D under my billing. The customer service rep informed me that it was escalated but that the evaluation is final and there is nothing they can do. The phone is also supposedly being mailed back, but no labels for shipping have been generated against my address and they do not know when it will be sent back. 

I am being told that a brand-new returned phone has damage beyond economical repair as they had logged it; Xfinity has no photos or documentation of the damage, or even the exact type of damage under Grade D that resulted in this evaluation. They have not sent the phone back, have not closed out the exchange, and want to charge me with zero proof of damage and zero details of even the type of damage. My options, as I was told, are either pay the amount now, over a payment plan, or have my service cut off in 3 more days. There was apparently no option to further escalate it to anyone higher up.

17 Messages

@thehyphyfj​ I got the same issue. Do you have any update for getting the phone back?

1 Message

I was told the phone was free and i would never be charged, it is a scam, now im stuck witth the phone and payments until its paid off for 500 bucks

1 Message

11 months ago

I'm having a similar issue. They charged me over $1,500 for an iPhone. 

I ordered a ProMax they sent a pro. 

I didn’t open the packaging

They instructed me to return the item using their shipping label. 

I shipped it.. Fast forward almost a month. They said they never received it. 

Then they emailed me 1 minute later saying they did receive it, but I would be charged the full price of the phone due to functional damage

Again, the box was never even opened. 

I called, they said it was actually graded as an A

They charged me anyway. 

I called back again, they said that I'd have to pay. 

I didn't take that for an answer, they researched said they'd email me. Never received an email. 

Called again, they opened a new case

A few days later I received a notification that the case was closed. So I called again, they said they’d reopen the case, and that they weren't sure why the case was closed. 

They charged me over $1,500 and activation fees for a phone and a service  that I don't even have. 

There was a reason why I used their payment plan, I couldn’t afford the phone all at once. Now I’m suffering because Comcast doesn't invest in their processes. This is unacceptable. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here