U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, May 22nd, 2023 8:50 PM

Closed

One of the worst customer services experiences I have ever had.

I have been using Xfinity Internet for around 4 years now, for the first 3 years I have received pretty solid customer service, you guys gave me rest whenever there issues. However for this last year you guys gave me nothing but headaches.

I made it clear that in the summer of 2022 I wanted to go on a seasonal hold because I did not know how long until I was going to have a permanent address again. So I put the address that I was living in at that time on seasonal hold.

I then found a home on November 2022, and I let you guys know that I wanted to cancel my services in my old address and start a new one in my new address WITH mobile, nothing too crazy.

Turns out that Xfinity customer service accidentally re activated my services in my old account, no problem we got that sorted out. Until another miscommunication happend and then when I add mobile it turns out that the services were started on the house across from me, because the address was one number off. And because of that one mistake, for the last 7 months I must have called over 100 times, infuriating phone calls, disconnects, miscommunications, taking forever to get to the point. I always tried to make sure that I spoke patiently and respectfully with customer service because at the end of the day it wasn't their fault individually (except for the ones who were and caused further confusion).

I cancelled that service on the wrong address November 28 2022, courtesy of someone named Ivan who helped me out with that information. And although that was the case, i was STILL BEING CHARGED ON AN ADDRESS THAT I DONT LIVE IN. 

It took me months to figure out that information, because everytime I tried to explain my situation nobody actually listened or cared and would have rather spent time ignoring the complicated situation. I don't blame them for that because I wouldn't have the mental capacity to remember everyones situation everytime I'm in customer service, but I expect at least a little more effort than the bare minimum of being able to type on a computer.

I apologize if I come off as disrespectful during this post. I have 7 months worth of frustration that has been building up and I don't have any more patience for this company.

So, at the end of the day. What is the problem now? It seems as though your system is completely confused about my situation, so many times people have told me that I won't be charged for another false charge, that they "fixed my problem", that I should ignore the emails that say my statement is ready and I'm going to be charged over a hundred dollars and I have no ability to check.

And yet, I still get ghost charges. I had to call my bank and cancel that charge. But I hope that finally you guys will listen. I recieved an email on May 5 2023, saying that my bank statement is ready and I am going to be charged $139.46. This statement does NOT show up in my account and I have called many times before and it seems like my email isn't even associated with any Xfinity accounts. But I know for a fact that these emails are real. Listen, I don't want you guys to make it up to me by treating me special, I don't want any gifts or free phones. I just want this issue resolved. And besides I don't even have any lines with you anymore, I had to cancel because of how awful you guys were. Thank you for your time for anyone else who reads this.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

1 year ago

Hey there, I am so sorry for the poor service and clear frustration. One thing that is clear to me from reading all this that your Xfinity mobile acocunt is still active. The mobile billing system is separate from the residential internet and cable system. If you only called Xfinity customer service and not Xfinity Mobile customer service then there is the issue. I can confirm if the residential address at that account is closed out for you here but I do not have access to anything mobile related as that is not something this department on social media does, and you will need to contact the mobile team directly at 1 (800) 934-6489. 

As for the residential account, send a DM to XFINITY SUPPORT with your name, and both all the addresses in question so I can get into those for you.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

@XfinityAnthonyT​ No, I have not been reaching out only to residential customer service. I have been only trying to call the mobile customer service. Yes, I have called 800-934-6489 multiple times as well. One of which was an hour and 14 minutes long. And from every other time that I have called the general customer service they always directed me to the mobile number.

I'm not sure why you would think that throughout the 7 months that this event has been happening. That I haven't thought to call the mobile number, maybe I didn't make that clear in that case its my fault. But yeah I mean telling me that my mobile account is still active doesn't help me it just makes me more confused because I was told that I don't even have an account anymore through a phone call not too long ago. Regardless I will keep trying

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Without being in your account I can only go on what I see at the surface level. Send a DM to XFINITY SUPPORT with your name and all the addresses in question so I can get into the details for you.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here