DiamondDea's profile

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, December 28th, 2023 3:07 PM

Closed

(Officially RESOLVED by Xfinity Mobile - Yipee!) Xfinity Mobile $830 OFF Promo & Buy 1 Line, Get 1 Free .. Broken Website (Oct 2023)

I am absolutely livid. 

As a Platinum and Diamond customer's, my partner & I made the decision to move from AT&T (Him: 25+ plus years & a FIXED income) and T-Mobile (Me: the last 3 years @ T-Mobile & 20 years prior at AT&T) & redeem our Rewards Customer - $830 Off Promo Codes for new iPhone 15's phones. Now while the first order for (2) iPhone 15 Pro’s was a major success & the ordering process was seamless, the second order for (2) more iPhone 15’s, was a complete FAIL & we've literally spent 20+ HOURS over the last 2.5 months between 1) Xfinity Mobile Chat, 2) Xfinity Mobile Phone (Live Person overseas) & 3) Xfinity Mobile Technical Support (after Level One transfers after 30 mins; still overseas too) trying to RESOLVE. Which sadly not one of these avenues has accepted FULL responsibility for their :: BROKEN :: ecommerce website, which was obviously designed by their engineering team or lack thereof to resolve whatever bugs or issues are going with their xfinity mobile website.

Now keep in mind, I’ve been in the Software Industry for 20+ years and as a Product Manager and Product Owner, if a customer complains about an issue on our ecommerce website (SaaS), not only do we ask for screen shots & try to replicate the issue internally as well, we escalate the issue to our Engineering Team to FIX immediately & ensure our customers are not financially penalized for our failures. That’s rule #1.

So to the Xfinity Mobile engineering team, please fix your website to ensure that if a PROMO code is used & the items are on back order, A) fix your website, so the customer doesn’t have to place (2) SEPARATE ORDERS & B) make sure the orders aren’t mysteriously cancelled with NO explanation within 12 hours, when we know darn well, we were to be given up to 72 hours to verify our identity. Which sadly, went to the WRONG email address (another FAIL), which I continuously have to EDIT, when it randomly reassigns the account to the WRONG email addresses & phone number via our "xfinity.com/mobile/my-account/settings", while I continually have change it back to the correct email and correct phone number, to this day 12/29/23. 

Again, this is not our fault, when the website is FAULTY, so we need Xfinity Mobile to accept responsibility – Financial and otherwise. 

So please contact me ASAP to resolve with an actual resolution that doesn't impact my POCKET BOOK ($) and the correct promo's are applied. 

Side note, since the phones were on back order, the buy one line, get one LINE promo on the second order was also CANCELLED too. Unbelievable. 

Thank you, Diamond Dea 
Been an Xfinity Customer for over 20+ years too. 

Accepted Solution

6 Messages

8 months ago

Update: Adding more context to how this all got SCREWED up ...

The first transaction should have been $15.41 per phone x (2) Phones on October 12th, while  the charge to my credit card should of have been a total of $30.82 for (2) phones with my Promo Code.

Instead, I had to place (2) separate orders on October 12th, because BOTH phones were on backorder and the faulty website, would not process (2) "BACKORDERED" phones in one order with my promo code or the buy one line, get one free. It's not rocket science!!!!!!

So I then placed a 2nd order, where the second phone was going to cost $33.33 per month, which I did SOLELY to lock in the OCTOBER 12th “ORDER” date, so I could ask for an adjustment back to the original $15.41 the next day along with the buy 1 line, get one free.  Sadly, that order got cancelled by their SYSTEM (again faulty WEBSITE).

Then I called on Xfinity Mobile on October 13th to COMPLAIN & I asked them to place the order again, which resulted in a phone for $49.99 per month -- which again, my goal was to get this resolved & back down to the $15.41 per month -- which was the original goal for (2) phones on October 12th along with Buy 1 Line, Get 1 Line freeeee for the first 12 months, which never got processed either due to (3) separate orders now.

So in a perfect world of a well functioning website, I should have been paying $30.82 for (2) brand phones per month & $30 for 2 lines of service for a total of $60.82 + taxes and fees for the first 12 months as a Brand NEW Xfinity Mobile Customer. 

Instead, I’ve been hit with these random charges:

Feb 8, 2024 (Pending): $115.48

Jan 11, 2024 Transaction Billed monthly payment: ($169.34)
Dec 30, 2023 Transaction One-time balance payment: ($74.75)
Oct 16, 2023 Transaction One-time immediate payment: ($49.99)
Oct 13, 2023 Transaction One-time immediate payment: ($15.41)

Total as of February 8th will be: $424.97

When my payments should have been as follows:

October 12, 2023: $30.82
November 2023: $60.82 + Taxes & Fees
December 2023: $60.82 + Taxes & Fees
January 2024: $60.82 + Taxes & Fees
February 2024: $60.82 + Taxes & Fees

For a total as of the February 8th should have been: $273.28 + Taxes & Fees over these last (5) months.

@ Xfinity Mobile: Make it make sense? 

UPDATE (6 minutes later): I just sent a DiRECT MESSAGE with this text and breakdown too. 

(edited)

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

7 months ago

QUICK Update Folks, We received a call from Xfinity Mobile on 2/12 and all has been officially resolved. Super duper happy!!! OMG!!! 

6 Messages

9 months ago

Any luck with getting this resolved? I see there's no reply from Xfinity Mobile either. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@DiamondDea & @PlatinumGary Thanks for reaching out over our Community Forums. Unfortunately, we are a bit limited when it comes to assisting our Xfinity Mobile customers over social media due to security, and authentication requirements. We can help with general questions, however with account specific concerns, we would have to direct you back to the Xfinity Mobile Team. I would suggest contacting the team directly by phone.

• SMS Text Message: 888-936-4968
• Phone: 888-936-4968

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

@XfinityMartyR ... Did you even read the post?

What part of "20+ HOURS over the last 2.5 months between 1) Xfinity Mobile Chat, 2) Xfinity Mobile Phone (Live *PHONE* Person overseas) & 3) Xfinity Mobile Technical *PHONE* Support (after Level One transfers after 30 mins; still overseas too) trying to RESOLVE" was unclear??

So do you actually have a US BASED Xfinity Mobile folks in the United States that can help us??? Your competitors do & all we have to do is call 6-1-1!!!!! 

PS: And if I could have Thumbs DOWN 👎 your first reply .. I would have. So please ask your website team to add this feature to your 'social media forum" too. Thank you and I look forward too a more helpful second reply. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@PlatinumGary I am sorry for how your mobile service experience has made you feel. Can you please direct message me your first and last name along with your full service address so that I can assist you further?
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here