XavierYourSavior's profile

Wednesday, October 4th, 2023 6:00 PM

Closed

NUMBER TRANSFER DISASTER

This is insane. No like actually INSANE.

I ordered an iPhone 15. It was a deal that if I transfer from one carrier to another, I get a discount. 400-dollar discount if I transfer my current number from TMOBILE to XFINITY. Cool. I also already have Xfinity wifi so I have been using their service for almost a year now. So I got the phone, contacted support, and tried to set up the plan. It is time so they just ask for the information from my previous carrier for a transfer. This was the account number, transfer pin, etc etc. During this, I was also offered to get a duel sim. I wish I could access chat logs but only Xfinity has them, I was told that "your bill will not change, and you will not be charged for the extra number". He assured me multiple times that the bill would be the same. I wish I trusted my instinct to believe that sounded too good to be true. But I accepted anyway. Okay cool, the extra number was activated on my new iPhone 15. I was told to wait until 7 pm for an email and I would be able to activate my new iPhone 15.  Now, on my other phone, the iPhone 11, the data service stopped working. I cannot log in to Tmobile as it says my number isn't in their records.  I didn't do anything to my account mobile-wise. Ok cool, it must have transferred right? So I waited and never got an email. Hmm, weird. Let me contact support. As I explained the situation they said "We cannot activate this as the number is deactivated"

What? The agent just said it was transferred, so it should be good on your end right? So I'm told I have to go to Tmobile to ask them to.. activate the number. So I call them. They then told me "Your number was deactivated as it was ported on the 30th of September to Comcast", OK. This makes sense right? The date lines up, and I did give Xfinity my transfer pin. So it makes sense that it was transferred. So I told this information to Xfinity. I am told they need to go to their specialized porting number team. I wait.. then he/she comes back and says "They told me the same thing, your number is deactivated and needs to be activated for it to be ported"

What? The number IS ported. Xfinity agent then says I need to do a 3-way call with them and mobile. Okay, so we do that. And oh my days. It's just a back-and-forth between you two.

TMOBILE:  "Hi the number was deactivated because it was ported to Xfinity"

Xfinity: No it was not ported on our end, we need you to activate it.

TMOBILE: we cannot activate it as it was transferred to your service and deactivated

xfinity: It was not transferred and you need to activate it for us to transfer

and it just keeps going back and forth and back and forth just he say she say.

They were screaming at each other at one point.

Like iteral children.

So they then transferred us to another agent from Tmobile, and it's the same thing. I am on the phone for 2 hours with Xfinity at this point trying to get this fixed. The biggest concern isn't keeping my number, it's keeping the discount. If I have to get a new number that's fine, but in order to keep the discount, I have to transfer the number, per one of the agents I was talking to when I asked if I could just skip the transfer and cancel that line, which is unlimited data. But they said it would break the agreement and charge me a discount. Ok. So I try again solving this issue and it's the same damn problem. At one point they even tried porting it from Xfinity back to Tmobiel so Tmobiel could activate it and I could try porting it again, but Xfinity couldn't even do that as they said on their end there's no log of it ever being ported, despite tmobile saying it was ported to Comcast on the 30th, which makes sense as I gave them all the transfer information including the transfer pin on that same date.

And to top it all off, the agent who said "This will not affect your bill if you do duel sim and get another line", lied! It added another line that goes "By the gig", my plan on the number I'm trying to transfer is Unlimited. I have reached the limit for the gig phone number, and now they will start charging me even more on top of that as I exceeded the limit.. So not only can they not transfer my number so I can keep the 400 dollar discount, but the deadline for the phone number transfer is the 20th I believe, AND they are charging me extra money when they told me it would not charge my bill if I did duel sim!

This is insane. I have no idea where this is going wrong but it seems really simple if you ask me. No issues using the wifi from you guys but holy, you guys Xfinity mobile is killing me and making me regret using it.

Accepted Solution

5 Messages

11 months ago

Update, about two weeks ago from the date posting this they finally fixed it and got my numbered, crazy how long this took. The plethora of agents that it took. Finally had one higher-up person actually know what to do after calling about 20 times. Only took them 3 weeks 😎

Contributor

• 

161 Messages

1 year ago

I have no answers to help fix the nightmare but to keep the discount just sign up for a free mobile number from Google voice and port that. 

2 Messages

1 year ago

You guys think that's bad, I literally just helped my wife pay her bill, to catch it up to date, so we could move. She paid $240 and then I paid $240. Then we had the bill transferred online to the new address. They immediately shut off our service the next day and said we needed to pay $450 and I'm dealing with it right now this morning and I'm about to blow my fing lid. That's $720. Comcast is 100% a group of thieves and I will never deal with them again If they don't fix this. They already pulled the stunt like this one time charging us a $450 one month. They ridiculous. They are thieves 100%

2 Messages

1 year ago

I'm using my wife's account Right now and they pull these kind of stones with us all the time, they make this big grand game out of it, Just stress you out and get you to say screw it. Sounds to me like they're trying to kick you off that discount. But they make it look like a stunt so it doesn't look like robbery. They're in the process of robbing us right now for $720 after catching up on our bill. Literally just paid them $480 to have our service caught up to date so we can have it transferred to our new apartment. The next morning we wake up 7:00 in the morning (which commonly is already too early they usually don't shut off your service till 9:00 if something happens) and and now they're asking for another $450 to transfer our service.!. Since when does it cost for $450 to transfer service? About 6 months ago they did the same thing when they decided to tell us we needed to be caught up today on our bill we called ourselves up and then a couple hours later when we checked everything to make sure it was all good there was a shut-off notice. So we called Comcast and they told us that we would need to pay another $450 to keep the service connected. They are highway robbery

5 Messages

@user_552cif​ 

insane, it’s like they want to lose loyal customers over a one time pay of what 400 dollars? Vs having a steady income of people? It doesn’t make sense but seems like they don’t care 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for your feedback, and for choosing Xfinity Mobile @XavierYourSavior. This isn't the experience we want for anyone, and We'd appreciate the opportunity to help. Can you please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”? To do so, click on the chat icon at the top right of this forum's page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

5 Messages

@XfinityThomasA​ 

Sent

1 Message

Hey Xavier - just curious if that all worked out for you? 

1 Message

8 months ago

By far the worst experience and after my entire life being run by Comcast (from age 13 to 33). Afte this experience, I REFUSE to ever be a Comcast customer again (and can't wait to get out of my Comcast Business wifi contract). Absolutely a nightmare.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here