U

Thursday, February 15th, 2024 6:37 AM

Closed

Number lost on porting

I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with the failed number porting process initiated with Xfinity, resulting in the loss of my number. Despite providing accurate information and following all required steps, the system failed to complete the porting procedure successfully. This has caused significant inconvenience and disruption to my daily activities, and I request prompt action to rectify the issue and prevent similar occurrences in the future. I also seek clarity on the steps to address this matter and any compensation or remedies available. Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I anticipate a timely resolution.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

7 months ago

Thank you for reaching out @user_hl8j2e I am sorry to hear the porting of your number did not complete. Is this with Voice home phone services or Xfinity Mobile?

2 Messages

6 months ago

When xfinity couldn't port my number I was bummed, but I thought it's okay, I'll just have to let every person I know and change all my account MFA services and spend hours and hours on the phone, but these things happen. But as it happens, when they finally said ok, here is your new number, they didn't associate the number with my account. Due to their error, that they decided they couldn't fix, I was unable to get international calling when work sent me abroad for 3 months last year. I could only take phone calls in my room on wifi. Huge hassle. Had to buy an international sim and all the trouble it is being in a country where you can't even begin to understand the alphabet, let alone get your phone set up.

Last week I lost my phone. I've spent countless hours on the help line trying to recover the number THEY ASSIGNED TO ME, but to no avail. They said they would send me an email with a link to help me activate my phone with the old number, that my experience was very unusual; turns out not so much. Google "xfinity lost my number" and you'll see that it happens to people regularly. Now I see that they put people off repeatedly telling them that help is coming, but after 30 days they can say, "sorry, you are SOL because it's been 30 days and now we can't do anything about it."

I honestly don't see why they can't port a person's number readily, but they can't even port a person's number from within their own system! How hard could it be to port a number from one account to another--after all it is a number created on their system. How can they have such a leaky, insecure network if people are running around with numbers they assigned that don't appear in their account?

I'm just telling you to be careful. Check and double check that when you do get a number from them that it is fully associated with your account. Look around at other people's experience, for example, if you send them your old phone be sure to keep your old sim card since they appear to frequently lose people's numbers beyond recovery when people think their new sim will have their old number. 

I know, it's ghastly. I originally thought I was going to save money on this plan, but after my initial offer ended I am getting to a place where I will be paying more and their customer service is, to put it kindly, not able to provide you with a continuous phone number. In the modern era!! Completely inexplicable.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here