U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, March 1st, 2023 10:40 PM

Closed

Not receiving SMS with security pin for porting out

Hi, I tried to get the security pin to transfer my number, but I never receive an SMS...

I have tried it multiple times...

Seems there is an issue, as the website does say an SMS will be sent...

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 years ago

Hello, @user_d91dce! Thanks for reaching out to us regarding your mobile questions. Since Xfinity Mobile support is limited for our Digital Care Team via social media, we ask that you reach directly out (by call or text) to our Xfinity Mobile Sales and Service team at 1-888-936-4968 for further assistance with your mobile device (if you still need help). You may also use our Secure Online Chat where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7! Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns regarding your residential service(s) by creating a new public post, and we'll be here 24/7 to assist you however we can!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same issue here. I am trying to get my transfer PIN for last 3 days without luck. Tried everything. 

1) When tried using my account on Xfinity website, pop up says “A security PIN was successfully sent via text to … XXX”. The text never arrives. Tried sending to both the lines I have. 

2) When tried chatting with Agent via SMS, I am told I need to call to get the PIN. 

3) When called helpline, they say they sent PIN via text. It never arrives. Wasted many hours over last 3 days trying to get my transfer PIN. 

I think they might be scamming into not letting people transfer out. I plan to report this to FTC. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_20fa2a​ How to report?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I'm having this problem too. I've tried to send the PIN about 10 times now - still no text. No one on support can help me either. Looks like I'm just getting a new phone number, I'm definitely not staying at Xfinity after this.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_f70991 Since Xfinity Mobile support is limited for our Digital Care Team via social media, we ask that you reach directly out (by call or text) to our Xfinity Mobile Sales and Service team at 1-888-936-4968 for further assistance with your mobile device (if you still need help). You may also use our Secure Online Chat where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same exact issues here in July… yep sounds like they don’t want people transferring out

the primary reason I am leaving Xfinity is poor customer service and things not working. 

absolutely trash

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_b59775y​  Have you got it finally? I have the same issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_82520a In order to get you the assistance you need from our Xfinity Mobile experts, please reach out to them using one of these methods:

• SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968

• Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968

• Chat: https://comca.st/3QpZJnL 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here