VitaminE's profile

Contributor

• 

255 Messages

Wednesday, December 28th, 2022 11:32 AM

Closed

non-VoLTE 3G phone

I happened to see online that as of January 3, non-VoLTE 3G phones would not be supported. I purchased my LG phone at an Xfinity store in 2017. I called LG and was told that LG-M322 will not work with 5G. I was not notified by Comcast that I need to purchase a new cell phone for my mobile account. Please advise me. Do I need a new cell phone? Will I get a refund for the one I purchased at the Xfinity store?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

2 years ago

The LG-M322 supports 4G/LTE and should support VoLTE (aka HD Voice). Check your phone settings and make sure it is enabled. 

Contributor

• 

255 Messages

@DaveO3​ Xfinity mobile is moving to 5G. Does that mean my LG-322 will no longer work?

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

From Verizon:

When will 4G be phased out? Shutdown of 4G networks are not expected for another decade at least. Of course, this all depends on the uptake of 5G connections and whether the technology can thrive without 4G altogether.

Contributor

• 

255 Messages

@DaveO3​ Can you please inform me where you found "LG-M322 supports 4G/LTE and should support VoLTE (aka HD Voice)"

I am not able to find that technical information. I have the manual.

Contributor

• 

255 Messages

What I found online: https://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-M322-x-charge-xfinity-mobile

Check the SPECS. 4G LTE

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

I did not find any evidence that your phone absolutely supports, or does not support VoLTE, which is why I said it should support it as XM has only been around since 2018 and clearly limited which phones were on its whitelist as it was already working on its deprecation of 3G CDMA. Some early 4G was [Edited: "Language"] marketing from carriers. 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here