U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, June 30th, 2023 9:56 AM

Closed

No service after activation and porting number

I have added a new mobile line to Xfinity and also transferred a number from AT&T for an Iphone 12 Pro Max. Activation is complete but carrier is not showing in upper corner. Only SOS and no service pops up. I have chatted with about 4 agents that have all told me the same troubleshooting steps which are to reset network’s settings, but this has still not resolved the issue. Please, help fix the problem and get services working. Thank you!

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

1 year ago

Welcome to our Xfinity forum page, @user_e78080 and I'm excited that you're bringing another line to your Mobile account! I want to make sure your number is ported correctly and you can start enjoying your new phone as soon as possible :). Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited over this platform. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests for our Mobile customers. You mentioned trying to get this resolved over our secure online chat. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968 as well? 

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

@XfinityEmilyB

One star.

I am in the same situation.  Phone support is USELESS for many mobile issues.  It seems the forum support is "unable to perform any device or account specific requests for our Mobile customers".  So what do we do?  How do we get support that actually solves problems if the phone people cannot help (half the time I cannot make my way through the accent), do not directly answer technical questions, take you through long laborious procedures that do not address the issue and for which they do not have accurate steps (and can't even explain what the procedure will do, it's just on their script for troubleshooting), and we can't get help on forums either. 

I come here looking for published assistance and solutions to problems, and find support taking the conversation private such that customers with the same problem cannot benefit from a shared solution and therefore cannot help themselves.  That makes forums nearly as useful as phone support, since the answer here is "we can't help you here, try calling phone support."  So...what should we do?  Please answer this as this is a real question I have for you XFINITY support.

It seems that XFINITY support needs to up their technical training a notch or two so that they can actually help!  This is not a cut on individual support agents, it's a slam on the entire team and the way XFINITY mobile support is being planned, trained, managed, and executed. One star.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Please, try asking the assistant to update the ICCID #. Atleast, this was the solution for me, and my servide started working the 2nd day.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I was able to get my service working the same day after an assistant updated the ICCID #. I don’t know if it was just a problem on my end, but please suggest it and see if it resolve the issue. I hope this works.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for taking time out of your day to share a solution that worked for you, @user_e78080! It's contributors like you that make this community great :). 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

11 months ago

I had the same if not a very similar issue and I worked with a wonderfully helpful person called Lia? (Lee-uh, i never got the spelling just the name) who helped me resolve this and i believe she told me that it was indeed ICCID and IMEI numbers not jiving in the system. it did take some time and a few power cycles but i now have fully working service. the automated assistant was dreadful but the live help was outstanding. definitely use the help line 888-936-4968 (from USA) if you encounter something like this

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here