user_ks1201's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Wednesday, November 1st, 2023 5:55 PM

Closed

No Security Updates on my Samsung 21+ since switching to Xfinity from ATT in Feb.

Hi,

I switched my mobile phone Samsung S21+ from ATT to Xfinity back in February. I used to get Android security updates all the time, but havent received one since switching to Xfinity Mobile. I do software update constantly & says none availble with last update from December 2022. Is there any anything that needs to be fixed on Xfinitys/my accounts end?

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

11 months ago

Hi, @ksurber! Thanks for spending your time today visit XFINITY on our forums' page for help with getting Android security updates. We will certainly do everything within our power to assist. Have you checked with the manufacturer of the mobile device to confirm that you should have the latest Android Security update? Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried reaching out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Hi, Yes I have. On their website my model S21 plus is supposed to get monthly security updates. I also tried chat and they blew me off right away saying its Samsung. I believe Xfinity is somehow blocking my phone from getting these updates. Can someone technical look into it?

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

Hello, @user_ks1201. Thank you for confirming you have already attempted to reach out to our dedicated Xfinity Mobile team. I'm going to follow back up with you in the direct message, so we can continue as I'll need to gather some information we don't want in our public conversation. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here