J

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Friday, September 10th, 2021 11:37 PM

Closed

New Xfinity Mobile activation with multiple issues - can't receive texts on my new phone or set up voicemail

I just switched from Verizon to Xfinity Mobile. I brought my phone number over and purchased a Samsung Galaxy S21 to use with the account. I started the activation process on Saturday 9/4 and have had multiple issues arise since. Here's where I'm at now:

- My number has been ported over and works on the new phone, Verizon has deactivated my account on their end

- Though I am using the new phone for calls, Xfinity still shows my device as inactive on their site

- I cannot receive text messages on the new phone but I can send them successfully

- I get an error when trying to set up voicemail

At this point, I have talked to 8 different Xfinity reps. Multiple attempts have been made to fully activate my phone and solve the text messaging issue but none have helped. Each time a rep helps me they ask me to wait 24-48 hours for a change to go into effect. Nothing changes, I call and start from scratch with someone new. It would be really great to have a dedicated customer service rep work with me to get this solved so I don't have to start over every time I call. Is that a thing or am I just dreaming with that?

In the meantime, I have been googling. I'm not the first person to have this issue and in fact, there's someone dealing with the same thing on the Xfinity forum right not. I'm sure someone at Xfinity is aware of how to solve this issue but experience has proven that not every rep can help with this. If anyone has any insight into how to get this phone working it would be much appreciated!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @jkmcal! Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Xfinity Forums with your concerns.

With these types of Mobile issues, it is best to reach out to our specialized mobile support reps at (888) 936-4968. They are best equipped with the right training and tools to be able to help with any issues you may be having. 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityTambrey

Yep, that's where I started. I'm on day 9 of my issue and I've spoken with 12 Xfinity Mobile support reps. I've got a post here and a post on reddit. I'm covering all of my bases hoping that the right person will see it and help me get this issue resolved. 

If you have any other ideas please let me know!

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@jkmcal I am sorry you are having issues even after contacting our Xfinity mobile team! There are a few ways that you can contact them:

I hope this gets resolved soon! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

This is still unresolved. Day 11 of having an "activated" phone that I can only use for calls. I have now had a couple of pretty dedicated reps trying to work it out but seems there is no solution in sight. 

As of now I am being billed for a phone that I cannot text on,  cannot receive voicemails to and am asked to factory reset a couple of times a week. 

Any input is still totally appreciated and unfortunately still desperately needed! 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

Update on this for anyone who might be experiencing these issues. This is resolved!

Heads up - this may seem lengthy and oversimplified but I want it to be helpful to most people. Also, please bear in mind that I am not an expert in any way. This is the information I have gathered while working with several Xfinity reps (tier 1-3) over the course of a couple of weeks. 

If you're able to make and receive calls but you are not receiving texts and/or voicemails then your issues most likely fall into one or more of the following categories:

1) Something is wrong with the way your phone is set up on the network

2) Something is wrong with your device

3) Something is wrong with your sim card

Here are some troubleshooting tips that really made a difference for me while working with Xfinity customer service. 

1) Troubleshooting for network issues. Have them check your network provisioning. This will rule out any issues with the way your services were initially set up.

- In my case, my provisioning did not include text or voicemail so they had to make manual changes to correct that mistake. 

2)  Troubleshooting your device. if you have access to another phone on the Xfinity network you can try your sim card on that device. Ask your rep for guidance on switching your sim card between devices. If you can send and receive texts/voicemails while your sim card is in another device you can determine that your device does not work. Alternately, if you are using a recently purchased device and you've ruled out all other possibilities you may be able to replace it with a new one.

- In my case, I tried my sim card on my husband's phone and it did not work there either so we ruled out device-related issue. However, it did lead us to question my sim card.

3) Troubleshooting your sim card. Did you try your sim card on another device and nothing changed? You could try getting a new sim card altogether. Customer service can send you one in the mail or you can get one from an Xfinity store. Just make sure you've run it by customer service and they make a note on your account before heading in, it will make the process go much more smoothly. 

- This was the one for me! My sim card was activated incorrectly. My network provisioning was also incorrect. Once the 2 issues were resolved I had a fully working phone.

Misc tips, from personal experience:

•  Even though you've talked to sooo many reps and have been passed around from person to person, try to keep it together. The friendlier you are the more they'll want to help you and the more likely someone dedicated will stick with you until your issue is resolved. No, it shouldn't be this hard but weirdly it is! Tbh, I burnt through several days being bewildered and upset. It got me nowhere. It wasn't until I changed my approach that things started clicking into place for me. 
  • Related to the above, don't lose patience before being transferred to tier 2. Tier 2 is where the real troubleshooting starts. It may take your tier 1 rep a while to get you there but unfortunately, that's the system. 
  • Ask questions about what solutions they are trying so you know for future reference and encourage them to make notes on your account. You may not end up with the same rep again; if you don't know what's been tried and there aren't good notes there's a good chance you'll end up at square one. 

So that's what I've got. Hope it helps someone else. 2+ weeks and more conversations than I can count just to have a phone that works the way it's supposed to. Crazy-making for sure and I'm not even done with this yet! We've now got 2 fully activated phones with Xfinity that should qualify for promotional visa gift cards but they still show as "inactive" in the Xfinity system. Does that mean they won't meet the qualification for the gift cards after all? Feels very scammy but we shall see...

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Good luck, I spent 40 hours initially and had to call several times just to get this fixed. It was a mess, now after the most recent update my Iphone visual voicemail isnt working. You have to call and  escalate to get any result. 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

First dial *86 to make sure your voicemail is setup.  Reset your network settings and then dial *73 - this worked for me and got my visual voicemail working.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I just switched from xfinity land line to xfinity mobile galaxy A42.  CANNOT SET UP VOICEMAIL and have tried the tech number multiple times and no one can help me.  What should I do?

Official Employee

• 

782 Messages

@user_3623bf Hey there. My apologies that you are unable to set up voicemail. Please give our awesome agents a call at;

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here