marymarvin's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

Friday, July 8th, 2022 11:54 PM

Closed

New Phone

I just spent an hour (at least) with an xfinity chat associate trying to get my old iphone removed from our list of devices. I purchased an unlocked new iphone and took it to the xfinity store to activate it. No problems there, except that they didn't remove the old one. This person on chat kept telling me that they couldn't delete the old phone and that we needed to have three lines instead of two. I just about lost my cool after asking them nicely over and over to take the phone off our list. What the heck!!??

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Problem Solver

• 

519 Messages

2 years ago

Hey, @marymarvin I apologize for the troubles experienced with your Xfinity Mobile services. We are here and I would like to go over some steps to get in touch with our amazing Mobile team. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at https://comca.st/3IuumWj where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

@XfinityLamont​ Sorry to answer a week later. I had to go to the Xfinity store and resolve the issue there. This is after being told by the fellow on chat that they would never be able to help me at all. 

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

I am glad to hear our store associates were able to assist with your request, and apologize for the issues you experienced when working with our chat team. I'll forward feedback on the interaction you had regarding your request to have the old device removed from your account. Please feel free to reach out to us if you need any further assistance with your residential account or any general non account specific mobile concerns. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have you beat for phone time.  Almost 4 hours on phone.   Updated to new phone and old phone kept showing as primary after asking several times to make new phone the primary

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here