JG5881's profile

Contributor

• 

68 Messages

Sunday, July 7th, 2024 6:31 PM

New phone unable to activate - chat agents can't help either

Purchased a Samsung S24 direct from the Xfinity Mobile website. Phone arrived, works great, but I'm having a tough time with activation.

I went into my account and tried to start the process, it gave me some sort of error and said try again later. So I did, several times, with the same result.

The next day I tried again but this time it said I had made too many attempts, and needed to either chat or call in to finish activation. 

I tried chat, and after going through several agents, was told I've tried activation "too many times" and need to go to a physical Xfinity store to activate. This is not an acceptable solution by any means. I asked for a supervisor and they supposedly escalated by case, claiming someone will reach out to me within 24 hours... but I seriously doubt that will take place (that's been my experience in the past).

Is there any way to get help from an agent here? I'm not asking for much, just want to activate the new phone I purchased so I can ship the old trade-in back ASAP.

Contributor

• 

68 Messages

3 months ago

Well the 24 hour time frame, in which I was promised someone would contact me with a solution, has now passed. Nobody has contacted me, which is not surprising. 

Is there an agent here that can help get this going?

Contributor

• 

68 Messages

3 months ago

I am chatting again and still getting nowhere. The "reference number" I was given regarding the escalation, in which I was promised someone would contact me within 24 hours? Not only has nobody contacted me, but nobody can even look up the reference number. I'm not sure it even exists or if it was just a random string of numbers thrown out by the chat agent to make me go away.

Official Employee

• 

921 Messages

3 months ago

@JG5881 Thank you for your post! When activating a new device, you must provide a One-Time Code to swap the SIM (or eSIM) to the new device. This is due to new, enhanced security measures implemented to cut down on fraud and to protect our customers. If you are unable to activate the new device this way, the only other option is to visit an Xfinity Store with a valid US, Mexico, or Canada driver's license, a valid state-issued ID (US only) or Passport book.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here