U

Sunday, August 25th, 2024 1:11 AM

New Line, New Phone is how to upgrade --> NO!!!!

I wanted to upgrade to an S24 from an S22 and xfinity walked me through it, step by step.,  Just get a new line with the new phone and trade in my s22 when I received the s24 and then switch the lines to put the s24 on my original line.  All is good and well setting up billing and paying for taxes and an extra payment on your phone line (get, get, get more money to xfinity).  But, when trying to switch the lines, no can do!  I have 5 lines with xfinity.  6 if you include the "gift" watch they saddled me with thats costing about $700 (separate post).  Of these, 2 lines show the correct phones because they cannot get them fixed.  That means all the lines show different protection plans and nothing matches up.,  It would be really easy to do, you would think, but so far, it is impossible.  At first, i was told I would lose all my billing credits if they transfered the phone to the correct phone number.  That was a huge cost. $830.  Then they wound up not giving the credits that way, so that I should not have any financial issues swapping the phones on the lines but they still cannot do it.  How do I get my account correct so the line matches the phone and the service and protection plan are assigned to the correct phones and lines?  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 month ago

Hello @user_ygzlw4, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here