U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, July 10th, 2023 7:34 PM

Closed

New customer vs existing

I went into an xfinity store this weekend.  I returned some unused equipment and dropped my landline.  I was considering adding the mobile service.  When we got to pricing the customer service rep I would save $45/ month if I canceled my account and added it back under a different name.  I asked, “Wouldn’t that be fraudulent to open an account in a name that wasn’t mine?”.  She said, “yes, technically probably so but I’m just trying to save you money”. Comcast is clearly only interested in new account metrics and not actual customer service.  Surely, they can do better than this.  Certainly shows me the integrity of who they are.  Anyone else have this experience?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

1 year ago

@user_772e45, This is not the experience we want for our customers. Please send us a DM with your name and full address by doing the following: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

Thanks again for reaching out to us @user_772e45! I’m glad we had the opportunity to look over our available options with you!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityAldrik​ Thanks for spending time with me to understand options.  While you didn't ask me to open an account in another name you also weren't able to match the deals new customers get.  Disappointing after decades of being an Xfinity customer.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here