GeneLa56's profile

Contributor

• 

63 Messages

Saturday, July 1st, 2023 2:11 PM

Closed

Network Extender for XM

XM uses the Verizon network.  I live in a Verizon almost-dead-zone.  I get one bar in/outside of house.  My phone does not have the wifi calling option.  Also, I have read that with wifi calling, one cannot utilize two factor authentification for banking, etc.. 

That leaves me with a very poor signal an no options to remedy the problem.

I just finished a chat with XM support.  The rep advised, after checking with "upper echelon support" that XM does not offer a Network Extender like Verizon mobile customers can receive for free if they have signal problems.   The obvious question: why does XM not offer a Network Extender?   And if XM refuses to furnish Network Extenders, why won't they allow a certified Verizon Network Extender to be registered on the XM network?  I would pay out-of-pocket for an Extender if XM would register it.

Just very poor customer service on the part of XM.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

1 year ago

Hi @GeneLa56 Thanks for coming to our community for assistance, These are great questions! While our team can help with a wide variety of concerns, due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform--this includes billing, sales, device questions, etc. These are awesome questions that our Xfinity Mobile team are qualified to address for you! Have you had the opportunity to reach back out about your extender questions? You can always contact our awesome Xfinity Mobile by calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968. I am happy to circle back with you to follow up. 

Contributor

• 

63 Messages

@XfinityKei​ Apparently you did not read my Post, otherwise you would know I have ALREADY been in contact with XM support via chat whereby I was advised XM does not provide a Network Extender nor does XM support a NE purchased by the user.  This, even though XM has the capability to do both:  supply a NE and/or support a NE,  yet XM refuses to provide a much needed service to some of their customers.  I repeat:  TERRIBLE customer service.  

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@GeneLa56 This is not the expereince we want for you. I am unsure of the process for extenders. As mentioned this is definitley something for Xfinity mobile support as they would know more than us being we do not have access to any mobile accounts through this platform. From my end I can have someone from Xfinity mobile reach out to you if you do not want to call again. Can you please direct message me your first and last name along with your full service address so that I can assist you further?
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

63 Messages

While I don't expect a solution from this,  I will direct-message as you have instructed and I will report back on this forum the results.  Thank you for your efforts. 

Contributor

• 

63 Messages

Here is the direct-

message I sent you with my personal info deleted:   

To XfinityKei:  __________ writing regarding the lack of supply and/or support for Verizon Network Extenders for those of us using Xfinity Mobile in areas of very weak Verizon signal.  We barely get one bar of service inside and outside of our house and a NE would solve our problem, however, XM does not offer or support a NE.  One of our phones does not have wifi calling so that is not an option. We live at _______. Our area is notorious for weak Verizon signal, per our neighborhood blog.  If you have a solution or want further info, call me (Gene) at 4______________.  Thank you.

Contributor

• 

63 Messages

1 year ago

For the Community:  per my chat with the rep,  the issue will be forwarded to the XM team.  This is an old issue so I doubt if anything will be done for us suffering from one-bar signal. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here