U

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, July 12th, 2023 7:25 PM

Closed

Network Extender for Xfinity Mobile

I live at the extreme edge of the local Cell Tower and have an extremely weak signal. I have dropped calls on nearly every call that I make or receive. I understand that a control channel from a cell phone to the local cell tower is necessary for telephone calls. Please don't tell me to use a WiFi. WiFi does not provide the control channel necessary for phone calls. The WiFi handles voice data only. Now, I have a network extender that can be connected to the Xfinity modem. Prior to becoming a Xfinity Mobile customer, I used it with Verizon to provide the necessary control channels. I now wish to connect the Network Extender to my Xfinity mobile account and I need Xfinity to approve this. How can this be done? Can someone please direct me to the appropriate person or department? I cannot make this problem clear to anyone on the telephone or, for that matter, a Xfinity store or main office. No one seems to understand what I am talking about. Surely, there are others who experience the same issue. I do not want to give up my Xfinity Mobile service and return to Verizon in order to resolve this issue. However, I will have to if I cannot get a resolution from Xfinity. So, please help me with this issue. Thank you.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

Alright, Xfinity. I gave you every chance. I'm missing important calls, but I won't miss you. Bye! There is no technical support with Xfinity mobile, none.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_a4abd4 Thank you for contacting us about your connection and coverage. You can check out the coverage for Xfinity Mobile here.  We provide this for the best coverage, if you are outside the coverage area we cannot guarantee the speeds or the same connectivity. If you have already added coverage for your Internet connection, you are able to connect through your hotspot to get a better signal however we are unable to accomodate your request for the mobile portion at this time. Please let us know if you have any other questions or need help with the future of your account. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

63 Messages

1 year ago

I am VERY familiar with the issue of Network Extenders for XM. 

Short answer:  the only way you will get that Verizon Network Extender to work on XM is to register the Extender on a Verizon account (even though the device will be at your house).  So, find a friend, relative, etc. who has Verizon mobile service and have them add the Extender to their account.  

Having said all the above, Verizon, within the last month, phased out older Network Extenders which included mine.  They no longer work.  If you try to register your old Extender on a friend's account and it gets rejected, probably why.

Your Verizon friend/family member, if they make a case for poor signal--i'm going quit Verizon---should be able to score a Free extender from Verizon which you could use in your house.  Otherwise, if your Extender is out-dated, you would have to buy a newer one. You may be able to find one on that REALLY big online shopping site, I did.  Slightly used.  

Any other questions, reply to this post and I will get back to you.  On this issue, you are correct, XM support is clueless.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here