U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, August 3rd, 2023 9:24 PM

Closed

Need Proof of Purchase for warranty claim asap. So frustrating!!

Bought a Samsung and added a line in March 2023 for my brother. Out of the box the phone never would connect to xFinity Mobile Hotspots with an error of “this device is not compatible with the network” something close to that. My brother had constant issues with the phone until one day it overheated, threw a warning about overheating and then lost power. After what seemed like a battle I was able to send it to Samsung for what would hopefully be a warranty claim. When I registered it on their site the IMEI was showing as under warranty until March 2024. After evaluating the phone, Samsung says it’s not in warranty and is wanting to charge me $85. I was told to send in proof of purchase. I have used xfinity assistant and actually chatted with someone who could m t help me at all. I did find the Orders link in the xfinity mobile app and I could print that screen except no serial number or IMEI number there. I am so frustrated over this stupid phone!! It really shouldn’t be this much of a struggle to get a simple proof of purchase….which I wouldn’t need anyway since I just saw it under warranty on their system and xfinity’s. Help please!!

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us using the Xfinity Community Forum. This issue with your brothers Samsung device is certainly concerning, and we want to ensure that you get in contact with the proper team to ensure this is addressed in a timely manner.

We want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform.

Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

Not ethical, but if you don't care, you can Photoshop a receipt and send it to Samsung. They don't actually care to verify. Don't ask how I know this.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here