smbennett's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, September 2nd, 2023 2:40 PM

Closed

Need help with Xfinity Mobile trade in - can someone from Xfinity help me ?

Hello,

Have logged a ticket for an ongoing issue with a trade in.  Have placed multiple calls, and multiple in person visits over the last 2 months and still cannot get resolution.

Long story short, I gave my son my old iPhone 11 when I upgraded to a newer model (iPhone 13).  He replaced the SIM with the one in his old iPhone (iPhone 8), and used that. All phones were Xfinity Mobile purchased and used on a Xfinity Mobile family plan.  

When it was time to trade in for a new iPhone 13 for him, I only had the option to send back the iPhone 8.  I called XM support and they told me me to submit the trade-in under the iPhone 8 and to call back and they would update the IMEI to reflect the appropriate trade in (iPhone 11).  I went to the nearest Xfinity store to verify that, which they could not, but took the phone and sent it to Assurant.

There were a number of issues that followed -

1) Xfinity sent emails saying the phone was not received - I called with the tracking number and they then found it

2) They emailed me saying the IMEI was not the matching one - I called yet again to have them update it, which they said they did

3) They rejected and returned the phone - I called and they said the IMEI did not match, and would have to escalate this issue

4) I have called multiple times, and have been given conflicting information and timelines, and told that an email has been sent to "another department".

5) I went into a physical location, and spent an hour with a representative there.  They concluded that nothing more could be done, and it had been sent to another department to work on.

6) Today I called support, and was told they me an email was sent.  I checked my mail and spam, and they told me that "they" sent an email internally.  They then said they sent another email to someone. 

7) And the promotion expired during this period, creating additional complexities.

I have called 6-7 times, gone to the location 3 times and have spent hours on hold, repeating my case, correcting the phone representatives, and have nothing to show for it.

Xfinity wasted no time billing me.  They do not seem very interested in providing me the credit for the trade in.  The phone support has been very unsatisfactory, with significant language barriers, misinformation, lack of comprehension, repeated putting me on not-so-brief holds, and downright rudeness multiple times.

This is on the heels with a poor experience with a cable upgrade, where old/bad equipment was sent on a self-install.  At least the tech who came to resolve acknowledged it was an Xfinity issue and made it right.

I need someone who can cut through the red tape and help me return this iPhone 11 for the credit advertised and let me move on with my life.

Please help - I am happy to provide a case number.

Steve

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @smbennett

Thank you so much for reaching out and sharing this experience. We are here to help get this pointed in the right direction. Excited to help! Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here