U

Thursday, September 28th, 2023 7:07 PM

Closed

My phone won’t ship due to an error on Xfinity side

We purchased a new phone on Monday with the intention of trading in an older one. We got an email notification that there was an issue with the order because our home Internet has not yet been activated. It had been activated for several weeks and this was verified on the phone. We did not have this issue when we ordered my wife’s phone, but we have chatted online with multiple people and talk to multiple people on the phone without any resolution. We have an order number, but no one can tell us how this can get resolved, or when the phone will ship. How can I get this resolved and get my phone?

4 Messages

1 year ago

I spent another hour on the phone today (3 total hours I've now spent trying to resolve this) with no help. I was sent back and forth from mobile to internet sides and eventually had to get back to work. It is extremely frustrating that everything is in order and yet no one can seem to clear this issue so my phone will ship.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello, @user_2f36fc. Thanks for posting on our community forums. I am so sorry to hear your phone has not been shipped. Just to confirm, is this the Xfinity Mobile support number you called 1 (888) 936-4968? What have they discussed so far? Is it that the internet service is still inactive? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

The Internet service is active and has been active, but the mobile side system is not indicating that, so they transfer me to the Internet people to talk to and they verify that it's active and then transfer me to the Mobile side and they still see the same issue. They tell me to wait 24 hours. Days later this is still not resolved.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Thanks for your comment, @user_2f36fc. Just to confirm, you called our Xfinity Mobile support at (1 (888) 936-4968) and also tried our Xfinity Chat Assistant to get the status of the shipment. Correct? If so, we'd like to check if there are any other options to get this resolved. Could you please send our team a Direct Message with your full name and full address? Our team can take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct Message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

Yes, I’ve done both of those things multiple times. I spent another hour on the phone today. They canceled and reordered the phone with the same problem. I will send a direct message.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here