U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, June 16th, 2023 10:10 PM

Closed

My phone number is not associated with my name

My bank needs to verify who I am and their first step is to verify my phone number with my name.  I gave them my phone number but they told me it is not associated with my name.  I have had this number for a year and been with xfinity for a year yet according to my bank, a 3rd party national organization associates my number with someone else.

I need xfinity to update it to my name and I'm not sure exactly how to do that because anyone I talk to has no clue what I am talking about.

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

1 year ago

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I'd like to look into this further with you. Can you please share more information as to what they're seeing associated with someone else's name? Did someone previously register the phone number in their system to where you cannot link it to your name, or is this regarding the phone number in our system? Such as what's displayed for caller ID? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@CCStephanieK​ 

They are using some 'national database' that connects the names with phone numbers.  They have to use it as a way of verification over the phone so that they can ensure I am who I say I am.  It is not connected through the bank, it is a 3rd party organization.  I don't think it has to do with caller ID.  It's just that I assume my phone provider needs to say that I now own the number because it is still on someone else's name.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here