U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, May 30th, 2023 1:44 AM

Closed

My mobile device is somehow paused by the XFI

And this creates a problem because it is where I have the Xfinity App downloaded.  And the Wifi won't let me connect to unpause it.  So I am not sure how I am supposed to try and unpause it from a Windows device (which I am typing this on). Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

1 year ago

That is a great question! The pause function only pauses WiFi access on your home network and doesn't impact access to cellular data, a public Xfinity WiFi hotspot or other available WiFi networks. Are you able to disconnect from the home network on your mobile phone to access the app while using cellular data? If you need to forget the network that is another way to be sure to be off the WiFi. Once completed you would follow the steps below to unpause the device. 

To unpause a device:

1. Select the device from Connect.
  2. Select Unpause Device.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Yeah, that is what I eventually ended up doing. Problem is that there is no WiFi coverage in my location so I had to wait until I could change locations to something that was several miles away. Very inconvenient that I couldn't do it via accessing my web based account on another device. None-the-less, it is resolved now.

Problem Solver

• 

502 Messages

Thank you for letting us know! Please reach back out if you have any other questions or concerns.

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here