U

Friday, December 15th, 2023 4:05 AM

Closed

My Horrible Experience with Xfinity Device Purchase

This will be a really long post as there have been multiple turns of events, but this is my final attempt at trying to reach out the right person and get a final solution. If I can't, then I will have to seek my lawyer's support. So, following are the major things that happened:

• I ordered 2 new phones (Iphone 15 pro and 15 pro max) for me and my wife, along with 2 new lines; we wanted to switch from other providers keeping our numbers. I placed my orders through chat support. I was promised that I would get the delivery within 2 business days.
  • I didnot get within 2 business days, but that's fine. What was not fine is I was promised during the order that I would get so; I contacted support multiple times throughout the days and all of made promises but none were true.
  • Finally, one day, I got my tracking info and I was so happy! I was eagerly waiting for my delivery to come.
  • The delivery came. But the package was empty with no phones inside!!! I immediately contacted xfinity, and since then my real struggle started.
  • Just to add something important: both my wife and I were supposed to trade in our current devices and we were told we would get $700 for my phone and $830 for my wife's phone. 
  • So, back to the missing content in the package: I immediately contacted xfinity and they took note of the issue, opened a case and I was supposed to get an update by 48 hours.
  • But that 48 hour promise truned into like a month!!! In the meantime, I had contacted Xfinity numerous times, like literally numerous times. Multiple tikctes were opened, promises were made, but none kept. 
  • After numerous times, one agent told me to file a police report, which I did. But they could have communicated to me in the beginning, right! not after waiting 20+ days?! But whatever, I filed the report and then shared, a shipping claim was filed.
  • Forgot to mention: in the meantime, my wife got her phone delivered properly. She activated her line and submitted her trade in in time.
  • I asked multiple times about my trade in deadline. Multiple agents promised me multiple times that the trade in wouldn't be a problem and once I receive my device, I would be able to submit my trade inn to get the original deal of $700.
  • So, after following up multiple times on my shipping claim, finally I was told that I would get my refund and I would have to reorder to get my device.
  • I called and submitted my order again at once. I asked multiple times if I was going to receive the $700 credit for my trade in, and the agent confirmed multiple times. Thus I felt assured and comfortable and reordered the same device for the same deal I originally wanted.
  • But then, I didn't get any trade in instructions. In the meantime, I got my phone delivered and activated right away. As I hadn't received my trade in instructions, I contacted them. And to my utter surprise, they said that my trade in wasn't included in the order!!!!!!!!
  • Then again my struggle started. Contacted them many items, spent hours in calls. Talked to many agents and everytime, I had to start from the very beginning. And I got confusing responses from different people. 
  • Some told me to go to the nearest retail location, some told me that I wouldn't get the offer now, some offered me $180 for the trade in, some said the only solution was to return my phone and reorder and get $600 (returning and reordering makes absolutely no sense, neither for me nor for xfinnity as well due to the added costs to them, righ!!)
  • Since then, nobody could offer me any solution that could allow me to submit my trade in for the original deal I was promised many times. I am fed up, I can;t deal with 1st level agents anymore as they can't change anything on the trade in offer or provide me a solution. 
  • I am pretty sure, xfinity has in call/chat records all the promises and mistakes their agents made. So, this is my last attempt. If not succefsul, I am going to lawyer.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

9 months ago

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention @user_k8qvc5! This is far from the experience we want you to have. Please send us a direct message with your full name, full address, preferred phone number, preferred email address, and please specify the phone number and type of device associated with the trade in. To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
 - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
 - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

3 Messages

Hi, I am not being able to find the direct messaging option unfortunately would please guide me, thanks!

3 Messages

No worries, just found the option and direct messaged with all the required info and the details of my issue. Awaiting some solution, finally. Thanks!

3 Messages

@user_k8qvc5 I could have written this post!  I am needing to contact them as well for a similar issue - my husband and I both ordered phones and then 1 of them was wrong color, then during the exchange I lost trade in promo and it's been 20+ hours of my life wasted being on the phone with them and it's still not resolved;(  How did you find the direct message link?  It's not working for me at all!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here