waltmoore53's profile

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, February 26th, 2022 3:04 PM

Closed

Motorola One 5G ACE Unlock

I have tried to get Xfinity to unlock my phone for 12 days now. I have tried 3 unlock codes and they dont work. I have been on the phone and chat every day with NO success. The phone is Paid In Full. I would like the Phone Unlocked or refund my $300.00....What do I do?

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

3 years ago

I was searching the site hoping to find a way to inform Xfinity of the problem with activating the Motorola phone, so I can at least help you. I spent 2 days and hours on the phone with tech support where supervisor actually abandoned us after over an hour waiting! But I've got good news for you. Your phone can be activated, but not until you first set up the android system. Eventually, when the activation timed out, I noticed, beneath the message a tiny word (in blue, I think) "wireless". When I touched the word, I was asked to select the wireless provider and enter the password. A fairly lengthy process followed, setting up the Google account needed for the android operation, etc. Another problem (and this may have actually prevented the initial activation) is that the phone came set in "airplane" mode. That has to be turned off. So power off and back on and start the tedious process again. When it times out, then look for the magic word!

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

3 years ago

Good morning, @waltmoore53. I am sorry to hear you have been unsuccessful with getting your phone unlocked. I can imagine the frustration. I'd be happy to help. Can you send us a PM with your name, phone number, and address? 

To send a "Peer to peer" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

3 years ago

XfinityKorie, did you read my report of the same problem and that the Motorola phone is being shipped in airplane mode? That is what is preventing the easy activation once a person has received notice that the activation has occurred. Powering the phone on does nothing because it is in airplane mode. I have tried alerting XfinityMobile and Motorola, but have found no way to get through to anyone.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

The phone is still locked...I sent it to Motorola and they sent it back locked. I tried the last code they sent and it didnt unlock it.....I believe Xfinity locked the phone because I cancelled there TV and Internet service. Calling them or chatting with them is a waste of a lot of time. I am pissed big time with Xfinity.        The only thing left to do is file a complaint with the FCC....

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

@waltmoore53​ I helped a friend with her Motorola phone and Xfinity. The problem was that the phone was in airplane mode and therefore did not respond to the unlocking process with Xfinity. Following the steps led to the same result. Nothing. I believe there is a message on the phone (I wrote about this somewhere above in this thread) indicating failure. While looking at that message I noticed a tiny word in blue below it. The word was "wireless", I believe. When I tapped it, the phone prompted me to connect to her wireless router. After following all the steps, I tried placing a call and it did not work. That is when I noticed the phone was in "airplane" mode. I opened settings and turned off airplane mode. From that point on the phone worked. I believe the problem is that Motorola is shipping this phone in airplane mode! Good luck.

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

@waltmoore53​ Just noticed you said you had canceled your internet. You will need a wireless connection to set up the phone.

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey there! We'd love to help look more into this for you. Can you send us a PM with your name and address please? 

To send a "Peer to peer" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here