U

Thursday, December 28th, 2023 12:24 AM

Closed

Mobile

I am so annoyed with Xfinity at this point it seems like they get paid for selling a promotion and once you receive that promotion, Xfinity says it’s wrong and makes you pay. I was told on the iPhone 15 that there was a promotion for $830 Off because I am a platinum member. I called in and spoke to representative and he told me to just make up. Any number could be a house phone number could be a cell number could be any number. Sounded a little too good to be true, I should’ve listened to myself . He failed to tell me that I actually couldn’t be a customer of theirs already and I had to port a new number from a different company. I asked him 1 million times if this promotion was true, and he guaranteed me that I would get $830 off. So when I receive the phone and I was calling to get it activated, I made sure again that everything would be fine. They added the phone to my number that was already with their mobile service . The number that I came up with that the gentleman told me to was supposed to be taken off and the phone would be connected with my number with no problem so he said. I saw on the bill that I was being charged full price I told my story a handful of times at different times to Xfinity and they told me they would change it and that they were sorry that the representative gave me wrong information . they actually told me that they were going to make it as a upgrade to make the promotion go through so that I would get the $830 that I was promised off. Well my bill is doing a few days and nothing has been changed and when I called in I went as high as a manager and she told me sorry there’s nothing we can do. The gentleman that sold you this promotion didn’t write in his notes that that’s what he told you. If you’re being promised something that is incorrect, do you actually think they’re gonna put it in their notes! So here I am a single mother of two paying full price for iPhone 15 that that I cannot afford !! This is not been my first run-in with Xfinity. They are such a scam. I’m tired of it

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

9 months ago

Hello,  @user_d5jays. I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. I know you have called to speak with the Xfinity Mobile team already. Have you also tried to reach out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

5 Messages

I’ve done that also but i just tried again and its the robot assistant! 

5 Messages

@XfinityRay​ ive also tried to direct message since Dec 28th with no response 

5 Messages

Iv’e done everything you’ve told me to even personally inboxed you AND thr other rep on the post and haven’t gotten a reply and it’s been a week !! 

1 Message

9 months ago

I had the same thing happen. I was also told about the $830 credit for being a platinum member. However, the credit reflected on my bill is for $400. I should have taken a picture of it when I was signing up. I should have also taken a picture of the offer code. I’ve gone round and round with xfinity about this and same thing, no one can help. It’s more than aggravating and such a horrible experience. I can’t believe they operate this way!! It’s horrible. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Welcome to our Community Forum, @user_v973u0! Thank you for reaching out to us here so we can make sure you received the correct reward. Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

9 months ago

You see they get on the status and make it sound good that they can help but when you reach out to them they dont respond !! 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thanks for your patience, @user_d5jays. Our team is not quite a 1:1 chat so you might experience a delayed response. I did respond to you via DM, we'll continue assisting there. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here