M

Thursday, January 25th, 2024 10:08 PM

Closed

Mobile Promotion Scam Call?

I received a call from [Edited: "Personal Information"] that came up as Xfinity on my phone, and the person was offering a $100 Visa gift card to switch to Xfinity mobile. I've been thinking of switching so I entertained him for a few minutes, gave him my phone's ID to see if it was compatible with Xfinity (I know, I shouldn't have done this), and I listened about the plans (all seemed like real information), and then when he was offering to send me the "summary" of the offer he said I needed to change my Xfinity password in the app before they could complete the offer. I got weirded out so I said I'd rather switch my service at my local store because I feel more comfortable with that and ended the call. 

Is this a scam call? Will Xfinity ever reach out to existing customers to offer promotions? I asked if he could see my current plan and he did say he could see I have cable and internet which I do. If this is a scam, how do I report it? And how do I keep my phone safe now that my IMEI has been given to a potential scammer?

Official Employee

• 

137 Messages

8 months ago

Hello, @mallicad. I can make sure this is a valid offer for you here. 

Could you send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here