S

Monday, September 16th, 2024 10:47 PM

Mobile promo not applied

I have been dealing with an issue for 3 months with Xfinity Mobile.  I had been a mobile customer for about a year with no issues, and a cable and internet customer for 20+ years with very few issues.  Xfinity was running a promo to trade in a phone for a new iPhone 15, as well as BOGO on an additional line.  I moved my phone number from another carrier to replace my existing Xfinity Mobile phone, and my daughter's phone from another carrier in response to these promotions.  After going to my local Xfinity store, the representative was new, very confused, and had to try several times to process the transactions before giving it over to a more experienced representative.  I thought everything had been taken care of until I got my first full cycle bill.  Neither the BOGO promo, nor the trade-in promo had been applied.  Instead, only a BYOD promo for $10 a month was applied, and that isn't even applicable to this transaction.  The trade in was accepted and full value was supposed to be applied on a monthly credit.  That has not happened now for 3 billing cycles, with the full cost of the phone monthly payments billed with no credits.  In addition, the full price for the second line continues to be billed with no promo credit.  I first contacted Xfinity by phone after the first billing cycle to correct this and was assured it would be corrected by the next billing cycle.  There was no follow up from Xfinity, and the next bill arrived unchanged, still billing me full price for the phone trade in, and the second line and no promo credits.  Next, I went to my local Xfinity store.  I worked with the store manager and a Xfinity Mobile Ambassador who was onsite.  They confirmed the ticket issued for the trade in had been mishandled, so they updated it to get it on track.  There was no ticket created for the BOGO line issue, so they created one.  I have full documented proof for both the trade-in and BOGO promo being signed up for via emails Xfinity sent me, and those documents were added to the tickets.  That was 3 weeks ago.  I followed up with them both by email as there has still been no update.  The response was that one ticket had no progress whatsoever, and the other ticket was worked on a week ago, but nothing has happened.  I am now through my 3rd billing cycle, having paid full price for everything.  I'm sorry to say it, but this borders on being fraudulent at this point.  I have documented proof of what I signed up for and for the trade in received, so legally Xfinity is in violation of the contract.  This should not be this hard.  Xfinity took my trade in phone and did not give me credit. and they lured me in with an advertised BOGO promo and did not honor it.  This should be straightforward and yet it keeps dragging on with no progress.  The local Xfinity store manager indicated they are hitting roadblocks and would need to escalate to his leader.  Is this how Xfinity treats loyal customers?  Is there anywhere else I can go with this?  

Official Employee

• 

889 Messages

2 days ago

@synthben
Thank you for your detailed post. We are going to get to the bottom of this and get the BOGO and trade-in issues fixed. Please, send a DM to Xfinity Support with your full name and address to get started. I'll see you there!

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

•Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page) or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

•Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

•Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

•Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

•Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here