U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, December 23rd, 2021 6:10 PM

Closed

mobile phone signal extender

I have been a customer of Xfinity since before Comcast when it was Suburban Cable in 1975.   I just recently switched my mobile phone service from Verizon after 25 yrs to Xfinity mobile.   I noticed that I do not get good cell phone service on my mobile phone when I am inside my residence at xxxxxxxxx, Lansdale, PA 19446 (where I subscribe to Xfinity internet and digital tv services).  I had the same problem when I had Verizon mobile and they offered and sent me a phone signal extender that cured the issue.    When I called your customer care line today I was told that Xfinity does not offer a similar extender to customers ?? 
I am writing directly to your offices to confirm what your customer service department told me that Xfinity does not offer a mobile phone extender ?   For what it's worth, my experience since leaving Verizon mobile has not been great and I find it very hard to believe that a major player like Xfinity does not offer a compatible extender/ signal booster for customers, especially when pulling customers from competitors like Verizon that do offer that service.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

3 years ago

I am very sorry to hear about your experience with your mobile services. I know I switched to Xfinity Mobile due to the poor signal strength from my previous provider but I have had an opposite experience where my service got better but I can still feel your frustration. Xfinity Mobile customers get access to Verizon's LTE network and 5G service in select cities nationwide therefore you may be using the same towers near your home. Are you connected to your WiFi while at home? As far as phone signal extender we do not currently offer such equipment but we do have xFi Pods that extend your WiFi network and help eliminate dead spots for a more consistent coverage within your home. The link: https://comca.st/3yT0MVD is very helpful in learning about the pods.

I did want to let you know a unique feature of Xfinity Mobile is that it provides access to 19 million Wi-Fi hotspots across the country. When you connect to one of them, you don't use cellular data.  Enter your ZIP code to explore our network coverage of 5G, 4G LTE, and millions of secure Xfinity WiFi hotspots in your area with the link: https://comca.st/3eAAjTD.

Overall the best place to reach out would be to our Xfinity Mobile Department by calling 888-936-4968 as our dedicated Xfinity Mobile team have all the tools to assist you with additional questions and your service questions.  

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 years ago

@XfinityDena @user_db52fb 

The concern is not "accessibility / disability" help related. Thread moved here to the proper help section........................

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

Because Xfinity Mobile utilizes Verizon's LTE network, would this product work to boost the signal for Xfinity Mobile users? https://www.verizon.com/products/verizon-lte-network-extender/

Problem Solver

• 

492 Messages

Hello @fresh0jerky, thanks for reaching out! We want to make sure that we answer all of your questions! Are you experiencing any coverage issues? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@fresh0jerky​ No. You will get a monumental run around from both Verizon and Xfinity support. Xfinity's solution is to enable wifi calling on your phone, and abandon cellular. Verizon will not support transfer of their signal booster (LTE Network Extender) if you switch from their service to Xfinity's Verizon offering.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same problem with weak cell phone reception where we live. I just switched to wifi calling to see if that will prevent call drops. Otherwise, we may go back to Verizon since they did offer an in-home cell booster.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

If you have any wifi dead spots in your home (e.g.,adobe walls or plaster) or around your house (signal "shadow", e.g., mountains, hills, trees, other homes), neither cellular nor wifi will work.

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 years ago

The original poster has not returned. 5-month-old dead thread is now being closed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here