U

Sunday, October 1st, 2023 1:50 PM

Closed

Mobile data

My mobile data keeps getting turned on, but I'm not turning it on. Why does this keep happening and how do I get it to stop?

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

141 Messages

1 year ago

If this is similar to other Samsung devices, try this. Pull down the notification bar then pull it down a second time. Tap the 3-dot menu at the top and select Edit Buttons. You should then be able to move the buttons around so that the data button is harder to hit by accident. You might be able to drag it to the Available Buttons list to remove it from the notification bar. You'll still be able to turn data on and off from the Settings menu.

3 Messages

@requa​ I dragged it over to the second screen. Thank you. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

1 year ago

Hi, @user_f06abb! We appreciate you for taking the time to contact XFINITY for help with the mobile data getting turned on automatically. I would have the same concern if I were in your shoes. I will be happy to research this further on my end. What is the model of your mobile device? 

3 Messages

Hi, it's an AO3s from xfinity.  I'm guessing I'm accidentally touching the mobile data button on the swipe down menu and turning it on. Is there a way to delete the button from that swipe down menu?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

1 year ago

Ah, okay @user_f06abb. Great question. Are you referring to removing the button from the swipe down menu within the phones settings? If so, this would be something that we would not be able to delete. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here