U

Friday, December 22nd, 2023 9:01 AM

Closed

Mobile data usage [Edited]

Xfinity Mobile Services : I purchased xfinity mobile plan with 1 GB data plan for $15. One day suddenly I get a notification saying 50% of the data has been used in next 1 hour I get similar notifications that 1 gb data is consumed.  I went to Xfinity store at pacific commons and they said they cannot help with mobile issues. I then switched off the data plan and left the phone at home not using much except WiFi at home.  Assuming data is not being used I did not bother to look at it.  Today when I logged into xfinity to see they charged me $325 for 20.5 GB data usage. I have T-Mobile and always use my data plan for office calls via Microsoft teams and listen to Spotify and often use maps while driving, the data usage is only 2.4 GB.  How is it possible that the data plan is being used while the phone cellular is switched off and I really can’t pay $325 for something I did not use.  Anybody similar experience with xfinity or data leak via iPhone?  How do I deal with this situation? 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

9 months ago

Welcome to our Community Forum, @user_hyagnz! Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited over this platform. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests for our Mobile customers. I want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

2 Messages

@XfinityEmilyB​ - called on Dec 22nd got in touch with an agent. The agent politely said it’s a system glitch and that the account should not be overcharged. It takes 24 hours to reflect the changes.  I was happy and requested the agent to send me an email summary of conversation. She said she drafted her notes and  gave me utmost confidence.  I left for vacation in peace.  In Jan 2nd I received an email that I owe 327.56. When I called customer service this time the agent declined denied to kept saying that I overused the data. I requested to go up higher and I was connected to his mgr. The guy was even worse and rude and kept talking over me not listening to what I am trying to explain. My point if the agent on Dec 22nd told me that I owe that amount I would have changed my plan to unlimited data plan and got away with $45/pm. Why would I call customer service again and again. I requested him to take time and listen to the recording on Dec 22nd to get full details. And he started to threaten me saying if you don’t pay we will send it to collections. And you have to deal with them. I will make sure it impacts your credit score blah blah. I appreciate if this forum instead of throwing away my case out of your wall please take it up with xfinity and help remediate the situation.  This is cheating and fraud from xfinity that one agent confidently says we resolved your issue and the other one clearly declines to help 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here