K

6 Messages

Tuesday, January 9th, 2024 4:35 PM

Misleading info about BOGO line deal

I called in October to cancel my cable TV services. While doing this the agent asked about my mobile service, which I had at Verizon at the time. She informed of the BOGO line promotion for new customers. My phone and my daughters was paid off so I knew I could switch. I agreed to do it because I would save me over 100$ a month. She also informed me I would a 20$ discount on my internet service that I was keeping. So of course I went for this deal. When my first mobile bill came out, the discount was not there. I called and spoke to an agent (male) and was told that before the bill was actually automatically paid the discount would be there. The first bill was paid and there was no discount. I called again and spoke to a different agent (female) and was told that I had to pay the first bill in full and the discount would be there on future bills. She said she could see on the account that I was supposed to be getting the discount. (completely different than what the first agent said). She said that the discount would show up around 1/7 or 1/8 before that bill is to be paid on 1/12/2024. I called today 1/9/2024 and was told that I could not get the BOGO line promotion because I was getting the 20$ discount on my internet and it would not let them apply the other promotion to my mobile billing. This is the third different answer I have gotten. The agent that signed me up and transferred my service never mentioned this.. She in fact knew I would be getting the discount on my internet and told me she signed me up for the BOGO line promotion. How was she able to sign me up if the agents now can't? OR did she know at the time she would not be able to and did not do it but led me to believe that she did? I am very upset at this point. Something needs to be done about agents that do not know what they are talking about or are just misleading for the sake of making a sell. I am seeing the other post on the forum about the same thing so I am not the only one. Xfinity should honor what is being told the customers by your hired agents. The agent I spoke to today did apply a 30$ credit for this month while he tried to figure out what to do. This is not good business practices at all. I will take this to the BBB if I need to. The only thing that will make this right is if the discount is applied for the 12 months like I was told it would be by 3 different agents. 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

7 months ago

Thank you for reaching out @Krisdani24. I am sorry that you feel you are getting the run around with information regarding the BOGO offer with Xfinity Mobile. If you were to look at the pricing and other info on the offer with the link: https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/learn/deals it does state the promotion may not be combined with other service offers.

Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited on this platform. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Please reach out to our Xfinity Mobile team with the options below. 

Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
Chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

9 Messages

@XfinityDena: thank you for the link. This is a new promotion that is being offered, not the promotion that @Krisdani24 and I were offered last year. But, even if it were the same offer and/or had the same exclusion, this information was not provided to us when we were convinced to transfer our mobile services. The agent(s) that made the offerings to us should have disclosed all information. And provided any restrictive terms in writing to us to allow us to make informed decisions. 

6 Messages

@XfinityDena​ it does but if you pull the recorded phone calls and hear what 3 different agents told, it should be honored. Why should we read the fine print when your agents obviously don’t. Recorded phone calls will stand up in court. Which I am willing to go to. I will not let Xfinity get away with not having integrity 

6 Messages

I am also understanding that that fine print was not in place last year 10/2023 when I was signed up and my service was transferred so I expect that someone that over ride the system and apply the discount will do so. It is called integrity and doing the right thing. It was not my mistake or the other posters mistakes. It was your company and your employees. A mistake that will cost me 360$. An amount that I am willing to take to small claims court. It’s not the money but it is the principle of this matter. Right is right and wrong is wrong. 3 agents told me I would get this discount. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@Krisdani24 Let's see if we can help in a different way. Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address. 

Here are the detailed steps to Direct Message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

6 Messages

@XfinityJodie​ 

I have done this and have gotten no reply. I see my bill for February and the discount is still not there. I see many many people having the same issue. We all signed up for this promotion around the same time. It’s all over the internet if you care to search for yourself. I am 1 and a thousand. Looks like a class action lawsuit can be filed if we are not credited with this promotion. Your supervisors should be able to find away around the system and be able to enter it in the system. I understand the system is not letting the agents put in the discount at this point but there is a way around that. 

9 Messages

7 months ago

This is the exact problem I have been having.  Here's the link to my post:

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/billing/billing-problem-not-receiving-offered-promotion/65a2a4008f01ac51ddb93a23

I wasn't sure where to post and ultimately posted in Customer Service / Billing. 

2 Messages

6 months ago

I have the same issue but with my internet right now 

2 Messages

6 months ago

I have the same issue. They told me my internet bill would be $5 more a month and now it’s $75 more a month for upgrading. They won’t help me change it back unless I pay the full amount which is now $245 when I payed $200 already in the past month 

Official Employee

• 

674 Messages

@user_gqprob, thanks for using the Community Forum to reach out. We can definitely assist you with your billing related questions and concerns. I would like to personally ensure we get this billing issue resolved for you as quickly as possible.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

6 months ago

I am going through this exact same situation with my sister. It’s incredibly frustrating and there should be systems in place to protect the customer. 

Misinformation is a form of manipulation. And for what? If the agents don’t know the product that’s Xfinity’s issue, and if the agents do know the products but are lying about promotions, that is STILL Xfinity’s problem. How does this in any way fall on the customer? 

5 Messages

6 months ago

I have the same exact issue. I signed up for this promotion because I was told I would get $20 off my home internet in addition to the free ($30) line. The agent I chatted with said it would show when my credit card gets charged. Today, the agent said since I was getting the $20 discount, that I don't qualify for the BOGO offer. This is wrong.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 months ago

Xfinity did the same thing to me a few years ago the agent sold me promotions that were not available - fortunately, I recorded the conversation so Xfinity had to honor what the agent said. 

2 Messages

This is helpful info! I will hold them to this standard and keep updated what comes about 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hey there, @user_lr3lrc. Thanks for reaching our team on Forums regarding your Xfinity Mobile concerns and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform.

Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I also recorded my phone conversations and have copies of the deal I signed and have copies of transcripts where agents told me I would get the BOGO discount and discount on my internet plan. When I called explaining that I have all of the evidence saying I should be getting this deal they told me they dont care what evidence I had or recordings I had I would not be getting the deal that I signed up for lol. I have never had this bad of customer service anywhere. 

1 Message

Yeah, it's really deceptive. They encourage you to get xfinity mobile through the phone calls, and then ram you with "Oh wait, you can't have B1G1 free because of this", and ONLY after you get your first bill.

8 Messages

6 months ago

If you call enough times, Xfinity will respect your persistence and will apply 30 dollars as discount on each billing cycle. Basically, agent suggested me to call them 12 times (once every billing cycle) to get the 30 first credit for the line (Total 360 dollars).

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_n5rapr​ I finally got to this step after calling once a week. They finally said that if I call once a month they will give me the 30 dollars off a month. It's insane how much work that we have to do in order to get what we signed up for. Pretty sure it's illegal how they've tricked a lot of people to sign up for this bogo offer. 

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@user_n5rapr​ I was told the same thing, and on 1-3-2024, a "supervisor" told me she would put a note on my account indicating I would receive a $30 credit every month until October.  The kicker here is I have to call every month to get the credit.  Well, each month I have called (or online chat because then there is a transcript), the agent has given me the run around and will not give me the credit until I ask for a supervisor several times.  The chat I had yesterday took longer than an hour, and the agent kept giving me the same excuses, along with a new one (i.e. that I was paying for the Unlimited Plus line and trying to get the Unlimited Intro line free--she said they both had to be the Intro line free--which it doesn't according to their website!).  When I told her I wanted a supervisor (in all caps!) and then said I would escalate the issue to my state's Attorney General, I suddenly was disconnected (my internet went down for 2 minutes).  I was reconnected to a new agent who promptly gave me the credit.

I don't understand how only one offer can be applied (the internet discount OR the BOGO) since the internet discount is automatically applied, and when I signed up, you HAD to have internet in order to get the mobile service.  So, logically, the only offer you would be able to get is the internet discount which, shockingly, is less than the BOGO promotion!  It seems as if Xfinity is engaging in deceptive practices.

2 Messages

5 months ago

I’m having the same exact issue. I originally called for internet/Wifi service. They said they have a promotion BOGO for New Customers if I switch my mobile service and add an additional line I can pay for 1 $30 for 2 lines for 1 year then $60 for both lines thereafter. This was January  17, 2024 I said I’m happy with my current mobile service, but I’ll think about it then call you guys back. So after speaking to my son he said well you can add my phone and we can split the bill. I said ok so I called them back and I got all the information they needed so my son & I can switch over to Xfinity mobile. Here we are February 19, 2024 I’ve called and chatted with multiple people/ customers service representatives who sound nice and promising but they all have been lying. Every 12/24 hours after a chat and/or call I find myself constantly contacting [Edited: "Inflammatory"]! They gave me a $20 credit to my Internet service as a gesture of goodwill! As if they is resolving the main issue! They’re charging me $84.88 when my bill should only be $30!  I have no choice but to report them to the Bette Business Bureau for false Advertising! [Edited: "Inflammatory"] They make promises while we’re hoping this one agent will honestly do their job and correct this issue. This is the last time I’m waiting 12 to 24 hours later to see if my bill has been updated! If not I’m taking my card information off my account and taking further action! I advice anyone thinking of signing up with Xfinity to [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

(edited)

3 Messages

5 months ago

They did the EXACT same thing to me, been fighting with me for the last 2 and a half months every time I talk to someone they give me a different explanation. Currently in the phone with them now and they're saying it as signed up for the BOGO But I'm not "eligible" I believe this is a scam that they'll eventually be dealing with a lawsuit over. Xfinity has terrible customer service 

1 Message

5 months ago

Same thing happened to me. No $30 discount for the first year. Has anyone had any luck going into the store? 

3 Messages

@user_w06c6n​ my biggest advice is to pick through the contracts with a fine tooth comb, they gave me $30 back for ONE single month, still costing me $330 extra a year due to their lies and if I drop their contract I have to pay over $1000 up front for the phones the guy told me the extra $30 a month is "no big deal"

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hi, user_w06c6n. Thank you for patiently waiting for a response on this. This is definitely not the experience we like to hear about. We can help turn that around. Were you provided with any additional information when calling in and being advised that you were not eligible? 

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 months ago

I have the exact issue. I do not receive the statement credit although Xfinity agent confirmed my eligibility for the offer before I placed my order. 

2 Messages

5 months ago

Exact same issue - signed up for the BOGO lines to add phone lines for my kids.  Already had 2 lines on Xfinity Mobile.  3rd billing cycle it has not been applied.  I had read all the fine print, even read my contracts.  Nothing says that if you have a promo on your internet account you are not eligible for the mobile discount.  In fact the contract even states that the internet and mobile are two separate accounts and should be treated as such therefore a promo on one should not preclude a promo on the other.  The customer service agents are nasty too when I call in - they tell me it has been escalated to corporate and they dont know when I will hear anything and there is nothing they can do for me.  

I am currently searching for new internet and phone service providers because this is unacceptable.  Over the last 3 months I have spent over 10 hours on the phone with customer service.  

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

This sounds like fraudulent practices and I don't know why they are allowed to continue to do this.  The same thing is happening to me and I am currently on the phone AGAIN and being transferred from one agent to another AGAIN and I am done with this company.  Thus far, all that has been accomplished is to remove the $10 internet discount from my account so the BOGO can be restored.  They refused to give me the $30 credit for the month, even though I was told on January 3, 2024 by a "supervisor" that this would be done as long as I called to have them manually credit my account.  Well, this month there was a "$60 credit reversal" AND they are refusing to credit my account.  So, my bill (which should be $67) is now $157.  I've been on hold while the agent "works on my account" for over 30 minutes now.  I am beyond frustrated!

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

I just got disconnected and cannot get back to customer support.  Over 90 minutes on the phone and the only thing accomplished is that I lost a $10 discount on my internet.  This company is reprehensible!!

2 Messages

5 months ago

I got scammed into this also. In my situation its even worst because the agent never told me about the BOGO code. They just simply forgot to add it and I ended up paying a much higher price then I was advertised. The later agents figured this out for me and there was no way for them to change it. So I'm stuck....

2 Messages

I can't imagine how many people they scammed and we can't really do anything about it...

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

user_47wdrd I can understand the frustration, there may have been a chance that the BOGO wasn't available at the time you set your phones up. Just to clarify, it wasn't something you were offered and then didn't receive?

1 Message

4 months ago

I also got scammed by Xfinity. I chat with agent and they said as well as I order 2 mobile line before the deadline (March 21); then I will get BOGO. I ordered on March 19, but now after activated 2 mobile lines and pay $20 activation fee, they said there is no BOGO on my account.

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

Hi there! This is not the experience we hope that any of our customers will have, and we are here to help. Have you been in contact with our Xfinity Mobile team? 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I wish to echo what others have said. I  have had Comcast at all my physical moves since 1984.  I know to call and see what the offerings are every year because I know xfinity does not value incentivizing existing customers to stay with the company.  So I called and was told that if I added cell phone service to my internet service we would get the internet for $15 and two cell phone lines for $30, a total of $45.  I have this in writing.

So I switched from tmobile  a provider I have been with since 1996 and was happy with. Unexpectedly they charged me $87 because I terminated one day past the start of the billing cycle.

This all happened in February 2024 and since then I have been trying to get the cell phone side of xfinity to live up to their $30 BOGO.  I have been screwed out if $300 by Xfinity abd another $87 by T-Mobile because xfinity's agent misled us.

It is now June and I have given up.  I will return to TMobile when able to do so without penalty because the xfinity cell phone service is inferior. I was getting a strong 5G signal at home with T-Mobile and now the only cell service I have is through wifi calling at home.

I hope that some attorney out there in cyberspace will start a class action lawsuit against xfinity.  If they do, please count me in.  I will be looking for avenues on social media to blast xfinity every chance I can.  If I can reach just one potential customer and dissuade them from xfinity cell service...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here