J

Wednesday, January 3rd, 2024 7:10 PM

Closed

Misleading and fraudulent agents

I am deeply disappointed and frustrated with the misleading information I received when I decided to switch to Xfinity Mobile. I spent what felt like hours on the phone with an agent who I believed to be honest, only to realize later that he had misled me. The agent convinced me to transfer two phones and a tablet to Xfinity, despite me explaining that I had been a loyal Verizon customer for years and that I was currently battling cancer. While I enjoyed Verizon's service, I wanted to reduce my monthly expenses. The agent assured me that if I switched to Xfinity, I would receive $200 in two separate $100 Visa cards, my two lines and tablet would cost $70 per month, and I would have the exact same bundle and service plan as I had with Verizon, since Xfinity uses Verizon's towers. However, a week later, when I received my SIM cards and tried to connect my devices, I was informed that all devices must be paid off first. This crucial detail was never mentioned during my initial conversation with the agent. I couldn't understand why this information was left out after spending so much time talking to your agent. Moving forward, I managed to get my tablet paid off as a gift from someone and called to get my services connected. I was able to connect my tablet, but when I asked the agent to look into the upgrade promotion for my phone, I encountered confusion and language barrier issues. I ended the call by upgrading my phone, but I had to call again the next day to gather more information. On January 3rd, I called once again to get a better understanding of my payment and the new charges on my bill. To my surprise, I was being charged $70 on my upcoming bill, which included four connection fees of $10 each and other additional charges. When I spoke to the first agent about this, she said she couldn't assist me and her manager refused to help as well. Finally, I spoke to a supervisor who offered to refund $40 as an acknowledgement of the agent's wrongdoing. However, when I inquired about the services I was promised, she explained that only the phone service would transfer over, not the plan that included my Apple Music and Disney bundle. I was extremely upset once again, as it became clear that I had been deceived by this agent just to get me to switch over. I asked the supervisor what could be done to cancel everything and get a refund, but she informed me that it was beyond her control. Determined to find a resolution, I mustered up the energy to leave my sickbed and rushed to the corporate offices in Plantation to speak with the supervisor in person. Thankfully, He was informative and helpful and was able to provide me with a partial refund. Overall, my experience with Xfinity has been poor. I had high hopes, but I was given false promises and then faced with the runaround when seeking assistance. Especially considering my current state of dealing with cancer, I don't think I will be staying with Xfinity for much longer. I am actively exploring other options, as it is disheartening to have gone through such a frustrating ordeal. My expectations were much higher, and I am truly saddened by this experience.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

9 months ago

Hello, @Jazanti. I hope this message finds you well. This isn't the experience we want for anyone. Your feedback is important to us as we strive to improve our products, services, and overall customer experience. We would like to learn more about your experience and provide support. Please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”? To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

2 Messages

8 months ago

After leaving this message, I had to muster the strength to get out of bed, all while battling with cancer, to visit the Xfinity corporate store in Davie, FL. Unfortunately, my experience with this company has been nothing short of unpleasant. I have been repeatedly lied to and now find myself having spent hundreds of dollars for a mere $20 refund. To make matters worse, I was promised two $100 gift cards for switching from Verizon, but it seems that promise was empty. It's a hard lesson learned - they say you get what you pay for, and in my case, leaving Verizon to save money during my cancer battle has proven to be a costly mistake. On top of it all, my internet bill skyrocketed from $45 to $80 overnight, without any prior notice. Thankfully, due to my PTSD from this nightmare experience, I've been keeping a close eye on my account and noticed the increase right after speaking with an agent who had just lowered my bill. The incompetence of both the agents and the company itself is simply unacceptable. As soon as I have the time, in between radiation and chemotherapy sessions, I will be looking into transferring my service to a more reliable provider.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

7 months ago

Lied and mislead completely 

1 Message

6 months ago

I recently had the same issue.  An agent talked me in to switching landline to a mobile to receive a credit for my internet to lower my payment.  I ask several times the total of everything internet, tv, mobile, equipment, fees and taxes would be.  She confirmed it each time along with superfast 800 mbsp internet speed, popular tv package.  Now I find out that I'm not getting a credit.  My internet speed was lower to 500 mbsp.  They can't get me back to her or verify anything she told me. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they said someone should get back to me in 4 days.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_azga0s has this issue been resolved? If not could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a direct message: 

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon 
  2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)
  4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here