U

Friday, February 16th, 2024 2:56 PM

Closed

LIED TO BY SALES AGENT - Told it doesn't matter because I signed

I called to lower my bill.  I have one DVR for one TV (with 125+ channels, HD and 20 hrs DVR - no other extras) and the slower internet and pay $204.  I called to see if I could get a lower bill.  Sales agent told me for $167 I could get everything I already have and a free phone with 1GB data.  All for $167.  She sent me the paperwork and I signed.  I then saw my next bill would be $197, and that wasn't including the mobile charges!!  I requested someone listen to the recording and was told someone would call me back.  Two days later I called again and was told someone would call me back.  I was fast approaching the 14 day mark to cancel.  I was then told that it didn't matter what the agent said on the phone, she put other things in the notes and I signed the contract, so I am locked in.  Since it is within the 14 days, I requested the contract be cancelled.  I have now tried to cancel the mobile THREE times with 3 different cancellation id's (1872927983289599, 1001790581912097 and 579203954A) and it still continues to show active.  I received an e-mail saying that I reported an unauthorized transfer and I had 72 hours to upload the police report to have services reinstated.  I DO NOT WANT THEM!  Since I cancelled the contract, I want what I had before and was told they can't do that.  If I cancel new contract, it means it is void and my old services should be available.  I did not record the first conversation with sales agent and no one will listen to recording because I signed contract and that is all that mattered.  Fine... I will deal with $197 for the basics I had previously.  It is a small discount.  NOW trying to get the mobile deactivated and get my refund that I paid separately on a credit card is not as easy.  I signed the agreement Feb 2, 2024.  Today is Feb 16, 2024 and I want it documented that I have tried to cancel the mobile service 3 times before my 14 days are up.  All the agents are nice, but are not helpful.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

7 months ago

@user_by0e9i I am sorry for how your experience has made you feel. I want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved for your XM services. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Please reach out to our Xfinity Mobile team with the options below. 

Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
Chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

I also suggest checking the link: https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/cancel-xfinity-mobile-service to see how to cancel mobile services. 

Per your residential services I would be happy to review the account and contract agreement. It is possible the amount difference is due to the processing time of adding XM and then a discount for adding XM to the account if this is the reason for the difference in monthly rate. You can find your contract and legal agreements in My Account by following the link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/my-account-find-contract to confirm the full terms and conditions of your agreement. I will also review your previous service package and see if we are able to find a package that is similar since once a package is removed from an account we are limited to put it back onto an account if no longer being offered. Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here