U

Monday, October 23rd, 2023 5:58 PM

Closed

Lied To By Mulitple Xfinity Mobile Agents

Back in May of 2023 I called in to get Xfinity interent in our new home and the agent brough Xfinity mobile to my attention and informed me of a promotion going on that each phone that moves from AT&T (our provider at that time) received a $200 Visa gift card.  This sounded like an amazing deal so, I had the agent confirm 3 times on the phone call and she said EACH PHONE that moves over receives a $200 gift card and since we are on a family plan with four of us we could recieve a total of $800 in gift cards.  Now, I was unable to provide all the information to her in the call so, we scheduled another call later that week with my wife.  We again asked about the promotion and she confirmed "EACH PHONE" recieves a $200 gift card for a total of $800 if all four phones were able to move over.  Since we are part of a family plan with my wife's mother and aunt we ended up having to go to our local Xfinity store to complete the switch.  Once again, we confirmed with the store rep and he confirmed that EACH PHONE would receive a $200 gift card and because everyone's phone except my wife's were able to transfer over he confirmed we would get a total of $600 in gift cards.  So, we completed the sign up in the store.  Now fast forward several weeks.  I called Xfinity support for some unrelated internet trouble shooting and before we hung up I asksed the rep about the promotion since I noticed an email stating I was only receiving $200.  The rep proceeded to tell me that we are "qualified" for the full $600 in gift cards and to ignore the incetive status update that we would be receiving one gift card for $600.  Fast forward to a couple weeks prior from today and sure enough I only recieve one gift card to $200.  I call Xfinity mobile and they told me I should have received $600 and gave me the Xfinity incentive phone number to have the remaining $400 sent to me.  I spoke with Emily who then told me I am qualifed for the per phone line for $600 and she created a ticket for me and said wait 7 business days for status on the $400. I wait 7 business days and see an email update for only $300!  I call back and ended up speaking to Emily again and she denied that she said I would be getting $400 and it was $300 and that "the agents who told me it was a total of $600 were not trained properly".  I requested to see the phone transcript from our previous call because I would have said something then if I knew I was only getting $300.  She said that she would talk to her manager Andrea and she would call me back later that day.  Ofcourse, no call back and it took 4 days for me to call them again to actually talk to Andrea.  Andrea claims there isn't anything she can do and I would have to call Xfinity Mobile to get it corrected (who were the ones that referred me to them) and that they "can't send the phone transcripts" but she would review and call back.  She calls back later today, but I was in a meeting and couldn't take the call.  The voicemail she leaves says she listened to the phone recording, but then doesn't confirm nor deny that conversation I had with Emily and goes on with the tone that I should feel lucky to get the $300.

This is the biggest hoodwinked I have been given and is just xtremely upsetting that it has come this far with still no resolution. In my industry if an agent says one thing but the company gives another, it is up to the company to give what the agent offered and then deal with that agent directly.  I don't know how it is not the same for Xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

11 months ago

Thank you for your detailed feedback, @user_d2ufru. I'd love to help make things right because it's the same in my book too. Let's work together and see about getting that promotion you mentioned honored, even if we have to think outside the box. Can you please click the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon, enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat, and provide us with your first/last name and full address, so we may further assist you?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here